Music of Bollywood film ”Chamku” released in MumbaiJuly 30th, 2008 - 10:33 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, July 30 (ANI): Music of Bollywood romantic thriller ”Chamku” was released in Mumbai on Tuesday.
Bollywood actor Dharmendra released the music of the film in a ceremony where film fraternity glitterati were present.
The film is being produced under the banner of Vijayta Films Private Limited and directed by Kabeer Kaushik.
This is the second film directed by Kabeer Kaushik who made his debut as a director with his first ”unconventional” creation Sehar.
Kabeer Kaushik’’s film ”Chamku” stars Bobby Deol, Priyanka Chopra, Arshad Warsi, Ritesh Deshmukh, Irrfan Khan and Danny Denzongpa.
The film ”Chamku” is the story of a Naxalite, Chandramohan Singh aka Chamku (Bobby Deol), with a brutal past of political assassinations. He was trained as an assassin under a covert governmental program.
He moves from Bihar to Mumbai, where a chance encounter entangles him in the world of crime once again. His life takes a completely new turn when he meets Priyanka Chopra.
Speaking about his role in this film Bobby Deol said, Chamku is a film which is very realistic kind of a film. I play the central character whose name is ”Chamku”. It is based on him that’’s why it is named Chamku.
Chamku is a boy, whose family gets killed when he was a child and then he was taken over by a naxalite. His life from there moves on and then the government takes over because they are looking for the people like him to train them to be a part of a convert programme. Then one day he meets a woman and he realizes that there is more in life than where he is, Bobby Deol added.
Bollywood’’s actress Priyanka Chopra whose last film ”Love Story-2050” could not set the silver screen on fire was excited on being part of this film.
My favourite track in the film is ”Aa Ja Mil Ke”. It is a very melodious and a soft song. I think one will really enjoy this track while driving one’’s car on a rainy day. I play the character of a Kindergarten school teacher, who is leading her daily life and suddenly ”Chamku” (Bobby Deol) enters her life and her life is completely changed, said Priyanka.
Music of the film is by Monty Sharma while Sameer has penned the lyrics.
Singers like Shreya Ghosal, Shail, Richa Sharma, Vaishali Samant and Anaida have lent their melodious voices to the songs of the movie.
The film ”Chamku” is slated for an August release. (ANI)
- Little shine in Bobby Deol's 'Chamku' (Film Review) - Aug 31, 2008
- Deol trio, Priyanka Chopra to dazzle at IIFA Toronto - May 20, 2011
- This is the time for action films, says Sonu Sood - Jun 19, 2012
- Dharmendra hopes 'Chamku' will be as entertaining as 'Apne' - Jul 30, 2008
- New actors are lured by glamour: Rajendra Gupta - Nov 21, 2011
- From real to reel: Reality inspires more Bollywood films - Jun 17, 2012
- Neha Dhupia happy with 'Maximum' look - Jun 19, 2012
- Twelve years on, 'Agneepath' returns in new avatar (IANS Preview) - Jan 24, 2012
- Rishi Kapoor's transformation amazing: Vaswani - Jan 29, 2012
- Bollywood bids final goodbye to Shammi Kapoor - Aug 15, 2011
- Tuning in to tune out stress - the Bollywood way (With Images) - May 31, 2012
- Raja Pandit finally composes independently for 'Jeet lengey Jahaan' (With Image) - Jan 05, 2012
- Can't wait to work with Madhuri again: Naseeruddin - Jun 18, 2012
- Priyanka plays happy actress in Kunal Kohli's film - Dec 31, 2011
- Priyanka misses family on Diwali (Movie Snippets) - Oct 25, 2011