Musharraf urges Benazir to delay her returnNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:02 am ICT by admin
“I will myself anchor a show (on television), and answer the people’s question regarding the topics I speak on,” he said.
Musharraf said he did not plan to join any political party.
“I am above this, and I will remain above … let any party win and I will work with them,” he said.
Commenting on the role of the judiciary, the President said that he has faith in judicial independence, but opposed judicial activism.
Politicians would decide about the National Reconciliation Ordinance (NRO) if the SC ruled against it, the Daily Times quoted him, as saying.
Talking the aim of the NRO, Musharraf said that it was not promulgated just to benefit the Pakistan People’s Party (PPP), but was aimed at ending “the politics of victimisation and vendettas” prevalent in Pakistan between 1985 and 1999.
Rebutting the charges that he support the Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM), he said, “I support the truth, some people give ethnic colour to things, that is very dangerous.”
He also ruled out the possibility that the IAEA would be given direct access to the Dr AQ Khan. (ANI)
- "Patriotic" Pak Army needs no invitation for intervening in politics: PML-F - Sep 17, 2010
- Nawaz accuses Muttahida Qaumi Movement of killings in Karachi - Dec 27, 2010
- Next government can approach Swiss courts: Zardari - Jan 08, 2012
- 'PML-Q, MQM agree to join hands in Pakistan's national interest' - Feb 14, 2011
- MQM quits Pakistan's ruling coalition - Jan 02, 2011
- PML-N, MQM exchange barbs in Pak National Assembly - Jan 26, 2011
- MQM for `referendum' after Osama killing (Lead) - May 12, 2011
- A first for Pakistan: Gilani indicted for contempt (Evening Lead) - Feb 13, 2012
- 'International powers are active to eliminate me,' says MQM chief Altaf Hussain - Sep 27, 2010
- Pakistan gets 14 parties, not Musharraf's (Lead) - Jun 16, 2011
- Musharraf blames Nawaz Sharif for bloodbath in Karachi - Jan 17, 2011
- MQM to boycott Zardari's address to parliament - Mar 16, 2012
- 'Generals' have become burden on Pakistan's population: Altaf Hussain - Feb 01, 2011
- Never said Karachi be made a province: Pak Punjab CM - Apr 25, 2011
- Pir Pagara asks Gilani to 'quit honourably' as PPP loses majority - Jan 03, 2011
Tags: aim, aq, ary tv, benazir, direct access, ethnic colour, IAEA, judicial activism, judicial independence, judiciary, mqm, musharraf, national reconciliation, nro, pakistan, petitions, political party, presidential candidate, promulgated, supreme court verdict