Musharraf to consult Benazir, Fazl, Shujaat for interim govtNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:36 am ICT by admin
The General will finalize the interim government by November 10 after the Supreme Court ruling regarding his eligibility as President.
Musharrf has promised to doff his army uniform before taking oath for the office of country’s top post, The News reported.
Benazir handed over the names of her three opponents on October 16, two days before her homecoming, to Musharraf. The names include Director Intelligence Bureau Ijaz Shah and Punjab Government official Hasan Waseem Afzal.
Benazir and Musharraf had a telephonic conversation on Friday, sources said. They added that the President told the former Prime Minister that the blame game would affect the national reconciliation process.
According to sources, following the conversation, Benazir asked her party leaders to be cautious while giving statements against the Musharraf regime. (ANI)
- PPP asks JUI-F chief to withdraw from PM race - Jun 22, 2012
- PML-Q offers help to JUI-F in ousting Balochistan government - Dec 21, 2010
- Caretaker setup under Musharraf unacceptable: APDM - Nov 14, 2007
- Five in race for Pakistan PM's post (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- Independent Election Commission sought in Pakistan - Jan 08, 2012
- Pakistan opposition names PM candidates - Jun 21, 2012
- Pakistan People's Party fails to persuade JUI-F to rejoin ruling coalition - Dec 16, 2010
- MQM bombshell leaves PPP-led Pak coalition govt in crisis - Jan 03, 2011
- Another setback to PPP-led Pak govt as JUI-F demands Gilani's resignation - Dec 29, 2010
- JUI-F slams Pak Govt for non-provision of enhanced security to Fazlur Rehman - Apr 01, 2011
- JUI-F hints at rejoining Pakistan People's Party government - Dec 27, 2010
- Pakistani leaders seeking consensus on early polls - Jan 26, 2012
- Major setback for Pakistan government as MQM parts ways - Dec 28, 2010
- Raja Pervez Ashraf is PPP candidate for PM's post (Lead) - Jun 22, 2012
- Pakistani leader opposes commission on Osama killing - Jun 13, 2011
Tags: afzal, army uniform, benazir, blame game, caretaker government, cautious, finalize, former prime minister, government official, intelligence bureau, interim government, musharraf regime, national reconciliation, party leaders, president, punjab government, shakeel, supreme court ruling, telephonic conversation, waseem