Musharraf to address nation Monday afternoon: reportAugust 18th, 2008 - 11:53 am ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Aug 18 (Xinhua) Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf will address the nation Monday afternoon, Dawn News channel reported. “President Musharraf will address the nation at 1 p.m.” the channel quoted president’s spokesman Rashid Qureshi as saying.
Musharraf is facing impeachment pressure from the ruling coalition.
The ruling alliance Sunday asked the embattled president to “pack his bag and go” immediately as the coalition readied itself to start impeachment proceedings next week if he refused to resign.
- Musharraf wanted to replace Jinnah's image with his own on Pak currency notes: Jamali - Nov 11, 2010
- Musharraf vows to return to Pak before next polls - Jan 11, 2011
- Musharraf likely to step down - Aug 15, 2008
- Punjab assembly asks Musharraf to seek confidence vote - Aug 11, 2008
- Non-bailable warrant for Musharraf in Bugti assassination case - Aug 16, 2012
- 'Saudi King was surprised to hear Musharraf say his visit is for Pak not for himself' - Sep 11, 2009
- Musharraf warrant valid till compliance: Pakistan to Interpol - May 21, 2012
- Ex-military colleagues back Musharraf's return - Jan 23, 2012
- Pakistani court orders confiscation of Musharraf's assets - Aug 28, 2011
- Pakistan's coalition mounts pressure on Musharraf to quit - Aug 17, 2008
- Musharraf going to UAE to plot possible political comeback? - Mar 22, 2010
- After 16 months, Islamabad HC to hear case against Musharraf - Dec 13, 2010
- Pakistan's ex-foreign minister joins Imran's party - Nov 28, 2011
- Musharraf' tenure as President was best in Pak's history: Ex-Finance Minister - Nov 15, 2010
- Musharrafs spokesman rejects reports of his resignation - Aug 15, 2008