Musharraf threatens to use force against terroristsNovember 14th, 2007 - 8:08 am ICT by admin
Musharraf said that the government was trying to initiate dialogues to resolve the situation in Swat.
He said that those opposed to development in the country were behind the Rawalpindi attacks.
Earlier, at least eight people died and 22 others injured in a suicide attack on Tuesday that took place very close to the office of Musharraf.
The suicide bomber blew himself up at a police checkpoint, as he tried to sneak into the highly secure campus of the Pakistan Army.
The explosion took place on a road hardly half-a-kilometre from the Army House, the official residence of the president, and adjacent to the busy Grand Trunk Road.
It was a suicide attack made by a pedestrian, an Interior Ministry spokesman said.
The 22 injured in the blast have been shifted to the Combined Military Hospital (CMH) Rawalpindi.
The adjoining areas have been cordoned off, while the security has been further tightened in the twin cities of Rawalpindi and Islamabad.
Meanwhile, Rawalpindi and Islamabad have been put on high alert and security of the sensitive installations has been beefed up.
The intelligence agencies fear that two more suicide attacks can take place in the twin cities during this week, The News quoted sources, as saying.
Railway Minister Shaikh Rashid Ahmed had said that there were reports that up to three possible suicide attackers had managed to enter Rawalpindi and neighbouring Islamabad in recent days. (ANI)
- Musharraf threatens to use force against terrorists - Nov 14, 2007
- JUI-F chief Fazl-ur Rehman escapes second suicide bomb attack in two days - Mar 31, 2011
- Seven killed in Swabi suicide attack targeting Pak politician - Mar 30, 2011
- 7 dead, 11 injured in Rawalpindi suicide attack - Nov 14, 2007
- 15 security personnel killed in militant attack on check post in northwest Pakistan - Apr 22, 2011
- Eight suicide bombers in Islamabad: Rehman Malik - Jan 27, 2012
- Two policemen killed in Pakistan attack - May 30, 2011
- Musharraf to be arrested on return to Pakistan - Jan 07, 2012
- 36 killed in twin suicide attacks in Pakistan (Roundup) - Nov 03, 2009
- Four to ten killed in Hangu suicide attack - Mar 05, 2010
- Six get life term for plotting Musharraf's murder - Aug 31, 2010
- Pak Army, ISI unwilling to take on Taliban despite being their direct target - Mar 09, 2011
- 27 killed as `schoolboy' bomber attacks Pakistan Army centre (Third Lead) - Feb 10, 2011
- For plot to kill Musharraf, six get life imprisonment (Lead) - Aug 31, 2010
- Four dead, 30 hurt in Pakistan blast (Lead) - Oct 12, 2009
Tags: cmh, grand trunk road, intelligence agencies, interior ministry, islamabad, jeopardy, military hospital, ministry spokesman, musharraf, national integrity, pakistan army, peshawar, police checkpoint, railway minister, rawalpindi, sensitive installations, suicide attack, suicide attacks, suicide bomber, twin cities