Musharraf still wants Benazir to delay her returnNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:08 am ICT by admin
Musharraf said that signing of the National Reconciliation Ordinance in the backdrop of his statements against corruption “did cause a concern”.
“If you want reconciliation, you have to overlook the past,” the Daily Times quoted Musharraf, as saying.
He said that the fight against corruption would have been more successful if the country had been under martial law.
Earlier, Musharraf had urged Bhutto to delay her scheduled homecoming on October 18, and has also assured that she would not be arrested on her return.
“I would say she should not come before, she should come later,” after the Supreme Court verdict on petitions challenging his eligibility as a presidential candidate, Musharraf said in an interview with ARY TV.
“I will myself anchor a show (on television), and answer the people’s question regarding the topics I speak on,” he said.
Musharraf said that he did not plan to join any political party, and added: “I am above this, and I will remain above … let any party win and I will work with them.” (ANI)
- Gilani offers to quit: Report (Lead) - Jan 16, 2012
- Bhutto case: US journalist becomes witness - Sep 10, 2011
- Country stands by Supreme Court, says Imran Khan - Jan 16, 2012
- Zardari's children vow to stand by convicted Gilani - Apr 27, 2012
- Pakistan SC orders PM to appear again Sep 18 (Second Lead) - Aug 27, 2012
- Gilani offers to quit after apex court contempt notice (Third Lead) - Jan 16, 2012
- Musharraf and his men behind Bhutto killing: Pakistani scribe - Feb 17, 2011
- Gilani vows to protect constitution - May 13, 2012
- Gilani convicted for contempt, opposition wants him out (Third Lead) - Apr 26, 2012
- Gilani offers to quit after apex court contempt notice (Second Lead) - Jan 16, 2012
- Why doesn't judiciary act against Musharraf in Benazir case: Zardari - Jan 08, 2012
- Never received any benefit from NRO, faced courts instead: Rehman - Sep 27, 2010
- Gilani contempt verdict to be announced April 26 - Apr 24, 2012
- PM should respect court orders: Nawaz - Jan 17, 2012
- Musharraf says he didn't quit government on "guaranteed" deal - Sep 28, 2009
Tags: anchor, ary tv, backdrop, benazir, bhutto, court cases, fight against corruption, happening here, homecoming, martial law, musharraf, national reconciliation, petitions, political party, presidential candidate, supreme court verdict