Musharraf should face death penalty: Imran KhanNovember 14th, 2007 - 8:23 am ICT by admin
“He is punishable by death. I urge every Pakistani people not to recognise this collaborator chief justice. I urge the people, lawyers, civil society to resist this move by Musharraf. I urge lawyers to boycott the court proceedings,” he added.
Former premier Nawaz Sharif said the country was in the middle of a major crisis, adding that the decision to impose an emergency is unprecedented.
“In the past, the prime minister and the parliament were targets of martial law, but now the Supreme Court is the target,” Sharif told Geo News on telephone from Saudi Arabia.
“The decision to impose an emergency is unprecedented. Never in history has such treatment been meted out to judges,” Sharif said.
He said the offices of the president and Army Chief both have been used against the country. “Nobody would support this situation within or outside the country,” he said.
He said the government has nothing to justify its steps, now the question is what will be told to the world.
He said that his Pakistan Muslim League (N) “will launch a full fledged movement against Musharraf government.”
He said Maulana Fazlur Rahman has already announced to launch a movement in case of imposition of emergency, while Benazir Bhutto has also opposed the step.
“It would be a sin to talk about election, now is the time to save the country. All of us should stand against the unconstitutional step,” he added. (ANI with inputs)
- Midterm polls only solution to Pakistan's problems: Imran Khan - Jun 27, 2011
- Zardari, Gilani, Musharraf felicitate Asma on winning SCBA presidential election - Oct 28, 2010
- Musharraf's launch of party draws hostile response - Oct 02, 2010
- Gilani gets lawyer in contempt case (Evening Lead) - Jan 17, 2012
- Pak SC approached to 'hang' Musharraf for subversion of Constitution - Jan 21, 2011
- Musharraf says Sharif will not seek his trial - Sep 14, 2009
- Pak Punjab's anti-media resolution not first PML-N assault on media: Imran - Jul 12, 2010
- Lawyer pleads SC to issue red warrants against Musharraf for extradition to Pak - Oct 14, 2010
- Musharraf cronies, PPP backing Asma to beat Pak CJ loyalists in SCBA polls - Oct 27, 2010
- Punjab's long-march would tantamount to treason: Gilani - May 02, 2012
- 'Defiant' Musharraf ready to take on Pak SC head-on if summoned - May 20, 2010
- Musharraf may be returning to his own grief: Daily - Jan 26, 2012
- PM should respect court orders: Nawaz - Jan 17, 2012
- Musharraf faces exile in Britain - Aug 01, 2009
- Egyptians vote for new leader - Jun 17, 2012
Tags: abdul hameed, benazir bhutto, election now, face death penalty, fazlur rahman, geo news, imran khan, launch, lawyers, meted, musharraf government, nawaz sharif, new chief justice, pakistan muslim league, recognise, resist, supreme court, target, urge