Musharraf set to pile more pressure on Benazir to delay her returnNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:19 am ICT by admin
Benazir on Sunday summoned senior party leader Makdoum Amin Fahim to Dubai for discussions on the rapidly changing scenario prior to her return on Thursday.
“Plans for her return are hanging in the balance, but there is a high probability that she will go because of the massive preparations to welcome her,” said a senior Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) leader.
Earlier, Musharraf had urged Bhutto to delay her scheduled homecoming on October 18, and has also assured that she would not be arrested on her return.
“I would say she should not come before, she should come later,” after the Supreme Court verdict on petitions challenging his eligibility as a presidential candidate, Musharraf said in an interview with ARY TV.
Musharraf again reiterated on Friday that Bhutto should delay her return to Pakistan, and not arrive on October 18.
“There is a lot happening here. There are court cases and I think she should come after that,” he said.
Musharraf said that signing of the National Reconciliation Ordinance in the backdrop of his statements against corruption “did cause a concern”.
“If you want reconciliation, you have to overlook the past,” Musharraf said. (ANI)
- Bhutto case: US journalist becomes witness - Sep 10, 2011
- Don't come back, ISI chief told Musharraf in Dubai - Jan 24, 2012
- Arrest warrant issued against Musharraf (Second Lead) - Feb 12, 2011
- Pakistani court orders confiscation of Musharraf's assets - Aug 28, 2011
- Non-bailable warrant for Musharraf in Bugti assassination case - Aug 16, 2012
- Benazir killing probe almost complete: Gilani - Dec 28, 2011
- Zardari's return may be cameo appearance, says NYT - Dec 20, 2011
- Musharraf to be arrested on return to Pakistan - Jan 07, 2012
- Pakistan court declares Musharraf 'proclaimed offender' - May 30, 2011
- Musharraf and his men behind Bhutto killing: Pakistani scribe - Feb 17, 2011
- Pakistan remembers Benazir Bhutto - Dec 27, 2011
- Musharraf delays return to Pakistan - Jan 19, 2012
- Gilani reaches court for contempt hearing - Feb 13, 2012
- Musharraf approaching international powers to fob off Pak govt 'witch hunt' - Apr 15, 2011
- Zardari's children vow to stand by convicted Gilani - Apr 27, 2012
Tags: ary tv, benazir, bhutto, court cases, fahim, general pervez musharraf, government official, gulf news, hanging in the balance, happening here, last ditch effort, national reconciliation, official told, pakistan government, party leader, party leadership, president general, presidential candidate, supreme court verdict