‘Musharraf may take time to doff uniform’November 14th, 2007 - 8:32 am ICT by admin
He said the democratic process would not be derailed, and added that Musharraf has not given any date (for doffing his uniform) for legal reasons.
Petitions challenging Musharraf’s presidential candidature are pending with the Supreme Court, where only four judges have taken oath under the PCO, sources said.
“The matter may not be decided until the Supreme Court gets the required number of judges,” they added.
Earlier, while briefing foreign envoys, Musharraf refused to specify a timeframe for the general elections and for doffing his uniform.
He said these were important decisions, and he would decide after consulting experts, the Daily Times quoted sources, as saying.
Musharraf briefed the envoys on his phase-wise approach towards restoring democracy. It was Musharraf’s second consecutive briefing to envoys in the last two days.
Musharraf urged the envoys to understand Pakistan’s situation, and reiterated that the judiciary had been creating hurdles in the smooth functioning of the government.
Major General Qureshi said the envoys understood Musharraf’s “reasons” for imposing the emergency. (ANI)
- Few Pakistan high court judges denotified - Aug 08, 2011
- Verdict against judges who took oath after Musharraf declared emergency reserved - Jan 27, 2011
- Pak Supreme Court directs sitting PCO judges 'not to issue any judicial orders' - Feb 18, 2011
- Pak SC approached to 'hang' Musharraf for subversion of Constitution - Jan 21, 2011
- US wants civilian rule in Pakistan: Patterson - Nov 14, 2007
- Pakistan rejects international criticism of emergency - Nov 14, 2007
- Musharraf cronies, PPP backing Asma to beat Pak CJ loyalists in SCBA polls - Oct 27, 2010
- Pak Chief Justice to decide if Musharraf should be prosecuted for defying SC order - Feb 03, 2011
- Pak Supreme Court dismisses PCO judges case objections - Dec 13, 2010
- Pakistani chief justice withdraws from emergency era case - Oct 30, 2009
- 'Pak Govt. should take initiative for Musharraf's trial' - Aug 09, 2009
- Qureshi was dropped at last moment: Pakistani minister - Feb 13, 2011
- Gilani eyeing another term for PPP-led govt in Pakistan - Oct 24, 2010
- Pak Attorney General says Parliament can approve Musharraf's trial - Aug 03, 2009
- Pakistan's parliament can try Musharraf: attorney general - Aug 03, 2009