Musharraf keen on holding polls as per scheduleNovember 14th, 2007 - 8:30 am ICT by admin
One group of the alliance is seeking extension of the tenure of the present assemblies by at least six months. while the other group is of the view that the general elections must be held without any delay, The News quoted the sources, as saying.
The Muttahidda Qaumi Movement (MQM) is prepared to go ahead with elections without delay, while Shujaat Hussain-led faction lacks unanimity on the issue, the sources added.
A review of the law and order situation has been undertaken, and it has been decided that no one will be allowed anyone to defy the emergency laws.
Another meeting will review the reactions of lawyers’ and civil society leaders’ to the emergency, the sources concluded. (ANI)
- Breakthrough eludes Gilani in Pakistan's political crisis (Lead) - Jan 03, 2011
- Corruption, lack of governance threaten Pakistan government - Sep 18, 2010
- Pakistan's ruling party, PML-Q try to corner Nawaz Sharif - Oct 27, 2010
- Cracks widen in Pakistan's ruling coalition, key ally quits - Dec 21, 2010
- 'PML-Q, MQM agree to join hands in Pakistan's national interest' - Feb 14, 2011
- Musharraf's supporters in disarray after talks with PML-Q chief fail - May 25, 2010
- Shujaat meets Imran in quest of common ground in Pak Politics - Dec 26, 2010
- PML-Q lays out five-point agenda for Pak Govt to resurrect nation's economy - Jan 20, 2011
- Pakistan on the brink of economic collapse, says PML-Q - Jan 22, 2011
- PML-Q to get Deputy PM post, several ministries on joining PPP-led Pak Govt: Report - Apr 30, 2011
- Benazir's 'assassin' being made Pakistan's Deputy PM: Qureshi - May 01, 2011
- Raja Pervez Ashraf is PPP candidate for PM's post (Lead) - Jun 22, 2012
- PML-Q shuns Musharraf, says 'it has nothing to do with him' - Jul 29, 2009
- Pakistan's political crisis hints at possibility of change - Jan 05, 2011
- Pak heading for "consensus government" to resolve political, economic crises - Apr 21, 2011