Musharraf is not qualified to hold post of Pakistan President: Fazlur RahmanNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:25 am ICT by admin
Meanwhile, the Supreme Court today approved the plea for the formation of full bench to hear petitions challenging the candidacy of General Musharraf to contest the presidential election held on October 6.
Justice Javed Iqbal has sent the summary to Chief Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry for the formation of full court after which the hearing was adjourned.
Attorney General Malik Qayyum said the Government might raise an objection to presence of four judges in case of formation of a full court.
Earlier, Justice Hamid Khan, AK Dogar, advocate Akram Shaikh and Farooq Hasan saud that country is passing through a critical phase and had requested the court for the formation of full court
A 10-member bench headed by Justice Javed Iqbal in its short order last week had allowed holding of the presidential election, but barred the Election Commission from announcing official notification of the results till a final disposal of the petitions. The bench had announced that it would resume hearing of the petitions on October 17.
Two presidential candidates Justice (retd) Wajihuddin Ahmed and PPPP President Makhdoom Amin Fahim had challenged Musharraf’s candidacy and and had prayed to the court to stay the election.
Similarly, a seven-member special bench of the Supreme Court constituted by Chief Justice Chaudhry would also hear today a contempt of court application of the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N), regarding the forced deportation of former Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif.
The special bench hearing Sharif’s deportation case comprises Chief Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry, Justice Javed Iqbal, Justice Sardar Muhammad Raza Khan, Justice Faqir Muhammad Khokhar, Justice M Javed Buttar, Justice Raja Fayyaz Ahmed and Justice Syed Jamshed Ali. (ANI)
- Musharraf told to appear before court for 2007 bloodshed - Feb 24, 2012
- Lahore High Court postpones hearing of petition against Musharraf - Nov 02, 2010
- Pakistan attorney general turns abusive in Supreme Court - Jun 15, 2012
- PML-N urges Supreme Court to hear petition against Musharraf afresh - Sep 10, 2009
- Not aware of chief justice's son's case: Rehman Malik (Lead) - Jun 13, 2012
- Gilani hurt his own dignity: Sharif - Jun 20, 2012
- Pakistan court suspends MP over dual citizenship - May 25, 2012
- Lahore HC CJ refuses to hear petition against Davis' release - Mar 18, 2011
- LHC calls for Pak Govt's report on plea seeking Musharraf's high treason charges trial - Feb 12, 2011
- Pakistani apex court suspends Rehman Malik from Senate (Lead) - Jun 04, 2012
- Sindh High Court quashes petition challenging Zardari's electoral eligibility - Apr 22, 2010
- President, ISI funded anti-PPP elements, says banker - Mar 09, 2012
- Pak Supreme Court declares Sharif brothers eligible to contest elections - May 26, 2009
- Are we living in Stone age, asks Pakistan court - Mar 28, 2012
- Pak judiciary not at war with executive: Justice Ramday - Oct 19, 2010
Tags: adjourned, bench, candidacy, chief justice, deportation, faqir muhammad khokhar, javed iqbal, musharraf, nawaz sharif, pakistan, petitions, pppp, president, presidential election, supreme court, warlike situation, waziristan