Musharraf has taken away rights of the 160 million people: NawazNovember 14th, 2007 - 8:25 am ICT by admin
“The people of Pakistan should rise. It’s time for the people to rise. They must respond to the call of duty. This is a great opportunity. If we let it go, a similar opportunity will never come,” he said.
“Never in the 60 years of Pakistan’s history has any president done this. The situation in the country is alarming,” Sharif said.
Nawaz said that Pakistan was heading towards anarchy, and described Musharraf’s decision to invoke emergency powers as a form of martial law.
“We are heading towards a chaotic situation, heading towards anarchy,” he added.
Nawaz said that Musharraf was “terrorising” and “threatening” the courts, the Daily Times reported.
“Musharraf’s action speaks volumes about his fear that the Supreme Court might rule against him in a case challenging his eligibility to run for a second presidential term. He took this action to prevent the SC from giving its verdict,” Sharif said. (ANI)
- Gilani convicted, opposition demands his ouster (Second Lead) - Apr 26, 2012
- Pakistan taps Interpol for Musharraf's arrest - Mar 01, 2012
- Gilani gets lawyer in contempt case (Evening Lead) - Jan 17, 2012
- Sharif refused to quit politics in spite of 'death threats from dictator': Pervaiz Rasheed - Nov 21, 2010
- Musharraf responsible for Kargil conflict: Ex-ISI chief - Nov 01, 2010
- No need for Gilani to quit, says Pakistani cabinet - Apr 26, 2012
- 'Nawaz will neither regain power nor be able to try me in court of law': Musharraf - Nov 08, 2010
- Gilani convicted for contempt, opposition wants him out (Third Lead) - Apr 26, 2012
- Nawaz sees conspiracies in Pakistan apex court's defiance - Mar 25, 2012
- Nawaz Sharif "in bed with anti-Pakistan elements": Musharraf - Feb 08, 2011
- Convicted Gilani must quit, says opposition - Apr 26, 2012
- Writing to Swiss magistrate over Zardari cases equal to insulting Pakistan: Latif Khosa - Sep 30, 2010
- PML-N urges Supreme Court to hear petition against Musharraf afresh - Sep 10, 2009
- President enjoys immunity, Pakistan PM tells apex court - Jan 19, 2012
- Musharraf delays return to Pakistan - Jan 19, 2012
Tags: action speaks volumes, anarchy, call of duty, chaotic situation, dictator, emergency powers, hardships, heading, martial law, musharraf, nawaz, pakistan, presidential term, rise against, sharif, supreme court, verdict