Musharraf-Bhutto deal in the doldrumsNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:07 am ICT by admin
This development has given yet another jolt to the country’s politics, The Nation reported.
“The question being asked most frequently now is about the future of the deal reached between the two sides most recently, whether the government would honour its commitments made in the deal with Benazir opting to return on October 18 against president’s advice or otherwise,” the daily argued.
The prospects of the government honouring the deal would be quite remote in case Benazir ignores the President’s call, sources privy Mushrraf-Benazir deal disclosed.
The talk in political circles is government is on shaky ground, and not sure what the apex court is up to.
According to sources, Musharraf did not want Benazir or Sharif to return until he was safe and sound in the presidency for the next five years.
Political leaders from both sides expect hectic behind-the-scene activity to persuade Benazir to postpone her return. (ANI)
- Musharraf delays return to Pakistan - Jan 19, 2012
- Gilani meets Zardari after apex court's contempt notice - Jan 16, 2012
- Pakistani PM urged to implement apex court's NRO verdict - Jun 27, 2012
- Gilani convicted for contempt, gets symbolic sentence (Lead) - Apr 26, 2012
- Next government can approach Swiss courts: Zardari - Jan 08, 2012
- Gilani, in Supreme Court, backs Zardari (Evening Lead) - Jan 19, 2012
- Contempt case: SC to decide Gilani's fate Thursday (Lead) - Apr 26, 2012
- Don't come back, ISI chief told Musharraf in Dubai - Jan 24, 2012
- Can't write letter against Zardari: Gilani's counsel to court - Mar 21, 2012
- Will resign if convicted: Gilani - Feb 12, 2012
- Malik passes NRO accountability buck to Musharraf - Oct 03, 2010
- Contempt of court: Supreme Court adjourns till Feb 1 - Jan 19, 2012
- Gilani has committed contempt, rules Pakistan court - Feb 02, 2012
- Musharraf to be arrested on return to Pakistan - Jan 07, 2012
- Attorney general gets court order in Zardari case - Mar 10, 2012
Tags: apex court, behind the scene, benazir, bhutto, commitments, doldrums, hectic, honour, jolt, musharraf, national reconciliation, nro, political circles, political leaders, presidency, president, privy, safe and sound, shaky ground, sharif