Musharraf, Aziz are moderates in the present govt: BenazirNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:52 am ICT by admin
“I don’t want suicide attacks to be made on others, but it remains a point that neither federal minister Ijaz-ul-Haq nor PML-Q President Chaudhry Shujaat Hussain were ever attacked by suicide bombers,” Bhutto said.
Bhutto said she was dissatisfied with the investigation into the October 18 twin bomb blasts.
“The police give a different story every day. It is inept handling of the case. Don’t show us the heads of suicide bombers. Tell us about the sponsors, organisers and financers of the suicide bombing,” she said.
Bhutto repeated her demand that foreign experts must be asked to assist in the investigation, as American or British forensics experts would have modern equipment and facilities for DNA testing needed for the inquiry that Pakistan does not have.
Bhutto made a distinction between “religious madrassas” that taught Arabic and the Quran, and “political madrassas” that had become weapons depots and were teaching their students to hate non-Muslims. She said all madrassa students should be documented.
She also announced that she would visit her hometown of Larkana for the first time in eight years on Saturday, the Daily Times reported.
“I announce my Larkana visit in advance, but sometimes I will be making unannounced visits for security concerns,” she told reporters.
Bhutto rejected accusations that she had hurt the national reconciliation process by making allegations about those behind the attack on her reception rally, saying that government officials should be condemning terrorists, not the PPP. (ANI)
- Joining Imran's party? Forget it, says Fatima Bhutto - Jan 22, 2012
- Is the Pakistani Army getting ready to take over? (Part I) - Jan 07, 2011
- Nusrat Bhutto dies, Pakistan declares mourning - Oct 23, 2011
- Suicide blasts in Kabul after Obama visit - May 02, 2012
- Pakistan's apex court suspends Zardari lawyer - Jan 17, 2012
- Politics not best way for change: Fatima Bhutto - Apr 04, 2010
- Indian spy who was Zardari's jail mate wants to meet him - Apr 08, 2012
- Zardari fourth Pakistani leader to visit Ajmer - Apr 03, 2012
- ZA Bhutto case being reopened to rectify a historic wrong: Gilani - Apr 04, 2011
- Nusrat Bhutto was woman of dignity, courage: Daily - Oct 24, 2011
- Zardari may be gifted flowers instead of sword at Ajmer - Apr 04, 2012
- Surjeet Singh, not Sarabjit Singh, to be released: Pakistan - Jun 27, 2012
- Pakistan does volte-face, says Surjeet Singh, not Sarabjit, to be released (Lead) - Jun 27, 2012
- Kashmiris worried over Karachi terror attack - May 23, 2011
- Eight die in Kabul attack after Obama trip (Second Lead) - May 02, 2012
Tags: benazir, bhutto, bomb blasts, democratic forces, dna testing, federal minister, foreign experts, inept, investigation, madrassa, military dictator, national reconciliation, pakistan, pml, rejected accusations, suicide bombers, unannounced visits, zia ul haq