Musharraf avoided national reconciliation bid in 2001: Shahbaz SharifNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:10 am ICT by admin
He claimed that during Nawaz Sharif’s premiership complete harmony prevailed in Pakistan whereas, now the blood of innocents was being spilled in North and South Waziristan.
Pakistan, he said, is passing through a severe crisis, and therefore, Musharraf should hand over power to elected representatives.
October 12 would always be remembered as the blackest day in Pakistan history as eight years ago an elected government was overthrown by a general, Shahbaz told reporters from London.
e described the recent presidential election hoax, as Musharraf had got himself re-elected in uniform from a Parliament, which was nearing its demise.
According to the Dawn he also criticised the National Reconciliation Ordinance, saying it had been promulgated by Musharraf to convince politicians to re-elect him in uniform, ignoring national interests.
Giving indemnity to politicians facing corruption charges was not part of the Charter of Democracy signed by the Alliance for the Restoration of Democracy, as claimed by Bhutto, he said.
Shahbaz also said that law and order situation in Pakistan had gone out of control. (ANI)
- Sharif refused to quit politics in spite of 'death threats from dictator': Pervaiz Rasheed - Nov 21, 2010
- Musharraf's launch of party draws hostile response - Oct 02, 2010
- Gilani rejects trust vote as Zardari returns home (Second Lead) - Jan 13, 2012
- '10-yr-ban on politics' claim "highly ridiculous" for politically active Nawaz: PML-N - Dec 03, 2010
- Musharraf must return to Pak to earn masses' wrath: Shahbaz - Oct 02, 2010
- PPP won't run away from accountability: Zardari - Dec 21, 2009
- Gilani has no option but to write letter: Nawaz - Feb 11, 2012
- "Apologetic" Musharraf blames 'misleading' Chaudhry brothers for NRO fiasco - Oct 07, 2010
- Musharraf offers olive branch to archrival Nawaz Sharif - Apr 17, 2011
- Malik passes NRO accountability buck to Musharraf - Oct 03, 2010
- PPP will expose Shahbaz's drama of good governance: Raja Riaz - Mar 01, 2011
- Nawaz Sharif deems himself Pak Prime Minister despite being out of power! - Jan 29, 2011
- 'Sleepless nights for Zardari, Musharraf' - Mar 19, 2009
- Musharraf will not be invited to join PML alliance: PML Secretary General - Oct 04, 2010
- "Somebody's silence" made Musharraf resign from presidency: Shujaat Hussain - Nov 14, 2010
Tags: bhutto, blood of innocents, corruption charges, criticised, democracy, elected representatives, hoax, law and order, musharraf, national interests, national reconciliation, nawaz sharif, pakistan history, politicians, promulgated, shahbaz, situation in pakistan, south waziristan pakistan