Musharraf advised to reign in Benazir, allow Nawaz to come backNovember 14th, 2007 - 8:13 am ICT by admin
The PML-Q Policy Planning Group demanded Musharraf not to give a free hand to Bhutto and to let PML-N chief Nawaz Sharif come to the country, to provide a level playing field to all political parties.
Sources quoted Chaudhry Shujaat Hussain as demanding Musharraf to allow Sharif to come back with certain restrictions and conditions.
The meeting discussed the next interim set up with a neutral Prime Minister as its head. The stalwarts also debated the Supreme Court’s remarks against Aziz in the Nawaz Sharif deportation case.
The PML’s Policy Planning Group under the chairmanship of PM Shaukat Aziz reiterated their full support for Musharraf, the Daily Times reported.
The group further stressed that the democratic process underway must not be disturbed at any cost and the transition of power must be ensured in a peaceful manner. (ANI)
- Pakistan's ruling party, PML-Q try to corner Nawaz Sharif - Oct 27, 2010
- 'Sworn enemies' Musharraf, Sharif and Zardari are 'famous Facebook friends'! - Mar 19, 2011
- Breakthrough eludes Gilani in Pakistan's political crisis (Lead) - Jan 03, 2011
- Nawaz terms PML-Q supporters of dictators, rules out alliance - Feb 22, 2011
- PML-Q won't blackmail beleaguered PPP-led Pak coalition govt: Shujaat - Jan 04, 2011
- Meeting between Zardari, Nawaz expected soon: Raja Riaz - Nov 25, 2010
- PML-N decides to remove PPP ministers from Pak Punjab govt - Feb 23, 2011
- PML-Q to get Deputy PM post, several ministries on joining PPP-led Pak Govt: Report - Apr 30, 2011
- Pak parliamentarians want "insane" Musharraf "mentally examined"! - Oct 08, 2010
- PML-N lashes out at Zardari-led govt over ever-increasing corruption, inflation - Nov 19, 2010
- Musharraf wanted technocrat-led Pak govt within months of 2008 elections: WikiLeaks - Dec 05, 2010
- Musharraf blames Nawaz Sharif for bloodbath in Karachi - Jan 17, 2011
- Musharraf expected to announce return to Pak in September - Aug 02, 2010
- Musharraf 'safe and honourable exit' guarantors set to block his political ambitions - Aug 09, 2010
- Cracks widen in Pakistan's ruling coalition, key ally quits - Dec 21, 2010
Tags: benazir, bhutto, deportation, disturbed, government statements, hussain, level playing field, musharraf, nawaz sharif, peaceful manner, planning group, pml, political situation, prime minister, shaukat aziz, stalwarts, top brass