Murdered Russian journalist rememberedOctober 8th, 2009 - 1:15 am ICT by IANS
Moscow, Oct 7 (DPA) Artists, journalists and human rights activists were among 800 people to gather in Moscow to commemorate the third anniversary of the murder of investigative journalist Anna Politkovskaya Wednesday, Russian media reported.
Russian Prime Minister and former president Vladimir Putin was the object of ire among the demonstrators, calling for a “Russia without Putin”.
Politkovskaya, a Kremlin critic and investigative journalist who reported war crimes in the Russian autonomous region of Chechnya, was shot dead before her home Oct 7, 2006.
In February 2009, a jury in a lower Moscow court returned a verdict of acquittal for four suspects on the basis of insufficient evidence tying them to the crime.
- 'Attacks on journalists in Russia a concern' - Apr 14, 2011
- Photographer falls to death at Moscow rally - May 07, 2012
- Russian government in for serious rotation: Putin - Jan 24, 2012
- Anger in Russia as Pussy Riot jailed - Aug 18, 2012
- Pussy Riot appeals verdict - Aug 28, 2012
- No political prisoners in Russia: Putin - Feb 07, 2012
- Putin's birthday triggers Twitter flash mob - Oct 08, 2011
- Putin to host Russian Olympic team in Kremlin - Jul 21, 2012
- Putin returns to Kremlin amid protests (Lead) - May 07, 2012
- Putin files papers for presidential bid - Dec 08, 2011
- Golden bust of Putin to be displayed - Feb 17, 2012
- Putin warns of action over slow flood warning - Jul 19, 2012
- Putin, Obama to meet after presidential inauguration - Mar 21, 2012
- Russian opposition activist seek asylum in Ukraine - Aug 14, 2012
- Putin orders probe into improper flood warning - Jul 10, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,