Murdered Indian origin woman’s husband in police custody till Feb.28February 1st, 2011 - 3:06 pm ICT by ANI
Hamilton (New Zealand), Feb.1 (ANI): The husband of a woman found burning on the side of a Huntly road last month has been reamded to police custody till February 28 and will reappear before the Hamilton District Court on March 1.
Diwesh Kumar Sharma, 29, appeared briefly on Tuesday, on three charges - murdering his wife Ranjeeta, assault with a blunt instrument after an incident in Manurewa, south Auckland, in December and breaching bail.
Community Magistrate Kathy Wilson remanded Sharma in police custody to reappear on March 1. Sharma, dressed in a short-sleeve check shirt appeared agitated and nervous, bowed his head throughout his appearance, the Waikato Times reports.When the magistrate addressed him he faced her but otherwise remained facing the courtroom wall.
Sharma’s lawyer, Roger Laybourn, said a psychiatric report would be prepared for his next appearance.
Ranjeeta Sharma, 28, was found dead on a roadside near Huntly last month. Soon after her husband and son Akash, 4 left for Fiji.
Fijian police took Sharma into custody last week and he was returned to New Zealand to face charges. (ANI)
- Slain Indian-origin woman's husband faces murder charge - Jan 29, 2011
- Husband charged with murder of 'Indian-origin woman' in New Zealand - Jan 29, 2011
- Slain Indian-origin woman's missing husband returns - Jan 28, 2011
- Funeral rites of burnt Indian-origin woman to be held in Fiji - Jan 27, 2011
- Murdered Indian-origin woman's husband returns to N.Zealand - Jan 28, 2011
- Indian-origin woman burning case: Kiwi Police interviewing 'person of interest' - Jan 27, 2011
- New Zealand police in Fiji for Indian origin woman's death case - Jan 26, 2011
- Husband of burnt Auckland Indian woman was son of Hindu priest - Jan 26, 2011
- Husband, son of Indian-origin woman 'burnt to death' located in Fiji - Jan 25, 2011
- Kiwi police confirm burnt body as being that of an Indian woman - Jan 24, 2011
- Fiji scraps holiday on Elizabeth's birthday - Aug 02, 2012
- New Zealander charged with stealing millions - Jan 05, 2012
- Mamata's nephew sent to one day's judicial custody (Lead) - Mar 01, 2012
- Ex-Indian origin Fiji PM charged with money laundering - Jul 23, 2010
- 'Indian appearance' man wanted in Australia for sex assault - Aug 04, 2010
Tags: appearance, blunt instrument, courtroom, hamilton district court, hamilton new zealand, indian origin, kathy wilson, kumar sharma, lawyer, magistrate, manurewa, march 1, police custody, psychiatric report, short sleeve, south auckland, waikato times