Mumbai terror attacks: TimelineNovember 27th, 2008 - 11:07 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Nov 27 (IANS) Terrorists struck 13 times in Mumbai late Wednesday-early Thursday, according to Maharashtra Chief Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh. Here is the timeline of the strikes: 1) 21.20 - Firing outside Hotel Oberoi-Trident at Nariman Point in south Mumbai.
2) 21.30 - Firing outside Leopold Café at Colaba ni south Mumbai.
3) 21.40 - Firing near Bade Miyan café, behind the Taj hotel at Colaba in south Mumbai.
4) 21.45 - Firing inside the Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus (CST) in central Mumbai.
5) 22.30 - Firing at Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai headquarters gate 2, opposite CST.
6) 22.35 - Firing at Gokuldas Tejpal Hospital, near CST.
7) 22.40 - Firing at Cama Hospital, near CST.
8) 22.50 - Firing at Metro Theatre.
9) 23.00 - Blast rips a cab in Vile Parle in north Mumbai.
10) 23.00 - Blast rips a cab in Mazgaon.
11) 23.10 - Firing, two blasts at Napean Sea Road in south Mumbai.
12) 23.30 - Blast at Dhobi Talao.
13) 00.30 - Firing after hijacking a police van at Dhobi Talao.
Mumbai is no stranger to terror attacks. Past major terror incidents are:
1) July 11, 2006: 200 killed in seven blasts which ripped first-class compartments of suburban trains.
2) Aug 25, 2003: 46 killed in two blasts, including one outside the Taj Mahal Hotel.
3) March 12, 1993: 12 serial bomb blasts at different locations kill 257.
Tags: bomb blasts, central mumbai, chhatrapati shivaji terminus, dhobi talao, hotel oberoi, metro theatre, mumbai terror attack, municipal corporation of greater mumbai, south mumbai, suburban trains, taj mahal hotel