Mumbai Police seek remand of LeT men jailed in Uttar PradeshDecember 11th, 2008 - 5:14 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Dec 11 (IANS) A team of the Mumbai Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) arrived here Thursday seeking remand of two of the six Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) activists, held in February and lodged in the state’s prisons at Bareilly and Lucknow.Arrested by the Uttar Pradesh police Special Task Force (STF) in connection with an attack on a Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) camp in Rampur town, about 300 km from here, the two LeT men in particular were suspected to have a role in the Nov 26 Mumbai terrorist attacks.
Significantly, when the Uttar Pradesh police had earlier sent these very suspects to Mumbai, the Maharashtra police showed no keenness in investigating them, following which they were lodged in the Uttar Pradesh jails, according to police sources.
“I am sure the documents recovered from their possession have eventually proved to be of a lot of interest to the Mumbai police. After all, these included hand-sketched maps of a few landmarks of Mumbai - some of which became the key targets of the November terror attacks,” Uttar Pradesh Additional Director General of Police and state STF chief Brij Lal told IANS here Thursday.
“The Maharashtra police are moving the courts in Lucknow and Bareilly to seek a transit remand for Sabauddin (lodged in Lucknow jail) and Fahim Ansari (in Bareilly) so that they could be transported to Mumbai,” he added.
- Fahim Ansari's wife relieved at his acquittal - Aug 30, 2012
- Mumbai police get Fahim Ansari's custody (Lead) - Dec 12, 2008
- Additional chargesheet filed against Fahim Ansari - Jun 16, 2010
- Fahim Ansari's bail plea dismissed - Aug 02, 2010
- Fahim Ansari, Sabauddin to be tried in Uttar Pradesh - May 03, 2010
- Probe into cops' absence at terror suspect's court appearance - Jun 22, 2010
- Fahim Ansari returned to Mumbai from Uttar Pradesh court - Jun 04, 2010
- Ansari, Ahmed can't walk free - Rampur blast case remains - May 03, 2010
- Court allows terrorist Fahim Ansari to be taken to Mumbai - Dec 12, 2008
- Two Indians absolved, Pakistani Kasab guilty for 26/11 (Lead) - May 03, 2010
- Apex court to hear Kasab's plea Monday - Oct 09, 2011
- Suspected ISI agent questioned in Lucknow - Dec 19, 2008
- Jundal wants his confession to be recorded - Aug 10, 2012
- 33 IPS officers shifted in UP, power chief also booted out - Jul 31, 2012
- Uttar Pradesh police found Mumbai maps from suspect - Dec 05, 2008