Mumbai-New York flight hijack threat turns out falseMay 2nd, 2008 - 5:06 am ICT by admin
Mumbai, May 2 (IANS) A Delta Airlines Mumbai-New York flight was delayed briefly Thursday night after the US consulate in Mumbai received a hijack threat that turned out to be false, an airport official said. The US consulate informed the station manager of Delta Airlines that they have received a hijack threat for flight DL-17, the official said.
When contacted the consulate spokesperson and station manager of Delta Airlines denied the incident completely.
However a police official confirmed the incident and told IANS, “We got a call from the airport authorities regarding a hijack threat and a suspect on board. We immediately deployed our team there.”
The airport police said it was nothing big and was almost like a non-incident. “But there was stringent security as a precautionary measure,” he said.
The flight finally took-off at 1.17 a.m. from the Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport (CSIA).
- Spicejet flight makes precautionary landing - Apr 13, 2012
- Mumbai airport main runway shut till 11 p.m. Saturday - Sep 03, 2011
- Mumbai airport's main runway not yet functional - Sep 04, 2011
- Mumbai airport ranked third for 'service quality' - Feb 16, 2012
- Spicejet flight makes emergency landing - Sep 03, 2011
- Delta Airways flight makes emergency landing at Mumbai - Nov 05, 2010
- Nationwide stir: flights cancelled in Mumbai - Jul 05, 2010
- Pakistani held for aircraft hijack threat - Apr 27, 2012
- Turkish Airlines plane skids; Mumbai airport shut till Saturday - Sep 03, 2011
- Mumbai-bound plane hit by bird, lands safely - Oct 21, 2010
- Heavy rains lash Mumbai, Maharashtra (Lead) - Aug 28, 2011
- AI flight with technical snag lands safely - Mar 19, 2012
- Bad weather shuts Mumbai airport briefly - Jul 14, 2011
- Turkish Airways plane goes off runway in Mumbai during heavy rainfall - Sep 03, 2011
- Flight grounded at Mumbai Airport since Monday - May 31, 2011
Tags: airport authorities, airport police, chhatrapati shivaji international airport, csia, delta airlines, hijack, mumbai, police official, precautionary measure, spokesperson, stringent security, thursday night