Mum hypnotized into believing she has a gastric stomach band loses 4 stoneMay 21st, 2009 - 3:35 pm ICT by ANI
London, May 21 (ANI): A woman in England has lost four stone after a therapist hypnotized her into believing that she has a gastric stomach band.
Thirty-five-year-old Marion Corns, of Whiston, Merseyside, was convinced by the therapist that she had had surgery to fit the band after the therapist took her through the procedure while in a trance.
With a view to boosting the effect, hospital smells were pumped into the room.
The mother of three is said to have slimmed from 15st 6lb to 11st 7lb after the procedure.
“Bizarrely I can even ‘remember’ being wheeled into theatre, the clink of the surgeon’s knife and smell of the anaesthetic,” the Mirror quoted her as saying.
Marion was living in Spain when she heard about the treatment.
She revealed that she spent five sessions with a therapist at the Elite Clinic in Marbella, which cost her 780 pounds.
She said that she opted for the treatment after her weight ballooned despite trying numerous diet aids.
Marion revealed that after attending the sessions, she felt that her stomach had tightened and she was full up on just a small portion of food.
She is presently losing 3lbs a week, and her dress size has plummeted from size 22 to 14 in four months.
“I simply can’t eat a lot of food now,” she said.
The British Dietary Association said: “It’s a novel idea. It avoids the side effects of real gastric bands but it’s important people get the correct dietary advice.” (ANI)
- Newest way to lose weight: Think yourself thin - Oct 12, 2010
- Gastric bypass surgery lead to better long-term results - Feb 22, 2011
- Britain has 1.5 mn obese adults - Aug 24, 2012
- Kate Moss to quit smoking for pregnancy - May 14, 2010
- First weight loss surgery where excess stomach was removed via mouth - Aug 10, 2010
- Bariatric surgery bringing hope for diabetics (Nov 14 is World Diabetes Day) - Nov 13, 2011
- Dr Neelu Pal fired for warning teens of the complications of the gastric band surgery - Jul 27, 2010
- Brit teacher sheds 15st by swapping takeaways for home-cooked meals - Nov 18, 2010
- Gadkari recovers after diabetes, weight loss surgery - Sep 15, 2011
- Estrogen found to protect against gastric cancer - Jul 18, 2011
- Tummy tuck patient in Lyon, France discovers scissors in her stomach - Feb 16, 2011
- Hypnosis at Colombian school ends in mass hysteria - Sep 03, 2011
- Doctors Use Obesity Surgery To Tame Diabetic Conditions - Jul 08, 2010
- Healthy UK women demanding gastric bands to stay thin - Jan 18, 2011
- Gastric bypass 'alters preference for sweet substances' - Nov 03, 2010
Tags: aids, anaesthetic, clink, corns, diet aids, dietary advice, dress size, england, four months, gastric bands, living in spain, london, marbella, merseyside, mirror, novel idea, sessions, small portion, stomach, trance