MQM warns of ‘71-like situation in PakistanNovember 14th, 2007 - 1:50 am ICT by admin
Urging politicians and the media not to divide the nation on ethnic lines, Hussain appealed to them to take measures for the solidarity of the country.
Referring to the East Pakistan debacle, he said people at the helm of affairs had accepted the disintegration of Pakistan and not to transfer power to the Awami League, as they did not want to eliminate the feudal culture in the country.
“Today, some of our religious and political leaders are showing similar hatred and bigotry prevailing prior to the 1970 general elections,” the Dawn quoted him as saying.
Asserting that Pakistan was at a critical juncture, and required unity and solidarity, he said that for the last two decades, the MQM’s welfare wing had been serving the people without any discrimination. (ANI)
- MQM for `referendum' after Osama killing (Lead) - May 12, 2011
- MQM to continue supporting 'French Revolution' in Pak: Altaf Hussain - Oct 11, 2010
- 'French Revolution' knocking at the door of Pak to hang corrupt politicians: MQM chief - Sep 03, 2010
- Police detain 20 suspects as Karachi death toll rises to 27 - Jan 15, 2011
- 'Generals' have become burden on Pakistan's population: Altaf Hussain - Feb 01, 2011
- Only MQM can bring Pakistan out of financial crisis, corruption: Altaf Hussain - Feb 19, 2011
- MQM calls on Pak Army to save country from clutches of 'feudal lords' - Mar 01, 2011
- MQM to contest elections in Pakistani Kashmir - Jun 07, 2011
- MQM chief calls for 'martial law' to rid country of corrupt politicians - Aug 23, 2010
- MQM chief ready to lead unstoppable 'French Revolution' in Pak - Sep 06, 2010
- Abbottabad attack: MQM launches `referendum' across Pakistan - May 12, 2011
- Apologise for security lapse on Osama: MQM chief - May 04, 2011
- Petition in Pak SC seeks trial of MQM chief for high treason - Aug 31, 2010
- Pakistan's MQM chief hospitalised in London - Aug 29, 2011
- 11 killed in Karachi violence, toll reaches 60 (Lead) - Oct 19, 2010
Tags: bigotry, critical juncture, dawn, debacle, discrimination, disintegration, east pakistan, ethnic lines, general elections, hatred, helm, hussain, mqm, political leaders, politicians, situation in pakistan, solidarity, welfare, west pakistan