MP Nadhim Zahawi’s musical tie hits the wrong noteJanuary 20th, 2011 - 9:24 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
London, Jan 20 (THAINDIAN NEWS) It might not be such a good idea to wear musical ties around especially when you are going to the parliament.
A member of parliament for Tory, Nadhim Zahawi, had to apologize to his fellow members of parliament when his tie accidentally started making sounds. To make matters worse, the sound of the tie was picked by the house’s microphone.
Zahawi was on the floor of the house debating on education cuts. Out of the blue, the tie started to emit some sounds and the lights on the tie also started blinking. He initially seemed to have no clue as to how the sound could be stopped. He struggled to put the alarm off but he had to fumble for sometime before the alarm could be silenced.
The Deputy Speaker of the House of Commons, Dawn Primarolo, had some words of advice for the MP. Primarolo told Zahawi that, “Perhaps next time the gentleman would be more selective in the ties that he wears in the chamber. And then we won’t need the musical accompaniment.”
That was one loud tie. It costs around £10 and it is a special tie that is sold by the Beating Bowel Cancer organization.
- A British MP who wore a loud tie - Jan 20, 2011
- Device hushes talkative bores into silence - Mar 04, 2012
- Mukherjee starts presenting his 7th federal budget (Lead) - Mar 16, 2012
- Krishna fumbles in house, booed by opposition - Aug 04, 2011
- Big Ben to ring in the Olympics - Jul 25, 2012
- Duke of Edinburgh asks Tory leader if she had tartan knickers - Sep 17, 2010
- John Lennon's 'Imagine' microphones up for grabs - Apr 30, 2011
- Martin suffers from ear trouble - May 06, 2012
- Buddhadeb in trouble after sound norm violation - Feb 27, 2011
- Scientists capture 'song' of a distant star - Nov 08, 2010
- Great music lost under modern sounds: Big B - Mar 25, 2012
- 'Ragini MMS' - literal, cliched and boring (IANS Movie Review) - May 13, 2011
- No crackers after 10 p.m.: Delhi Police - Nov 04, 2010
- Louis Tomlinson going deaf in one ear - Aug 01, 2012
- Most Brits risking hearing with MP3 volumes louder than pneumatic drill - May 03, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,