Motion Picture Association opens office in IndiaFebruary 16th, 2009 - 9:34 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Feb 16 (IANS) Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA), a trade organization for American film industry, opened its first Indian office here Monday.
Called the Motion Picture Dist. Association (India) Pvt. Ltd., its India operation will be headed by Rajiv Dalal.
“India is one of the fastest growing media and entertainment markets in the world and the studio has decided to invest millions of dollars into the Indian film and television industry,” said Dan Glickman, chairman and CEO, MPAA in a statement here.
The Indian division of the association will work with local Indian film industries and the Indian government to promote the protection of motion pictures and television rights.
“Now is the time for us to build a stronger presence in India so we can work with the local industry to find solutions to these challenges,” said Glickman.
- MPAA, multiplexes launch campaign to curb camcord piracy - Sep 07, 2009
- Hollywood, Bollywood studios unite to counter piracy - Mar 18, 2010
- American Center to premiere Hollywood movies - Sep 10, 2009
- Hollywood sues Indian American for selling films online - Apr 05, 2011
- AACT and I Hate Luv Storys Come Together To Launch - 1800-103-1919- A Toll Free Number To Report Piracy - Jun 30, 2010
- Indo-Americans laud historic signing of Hollywood-Bollywood 'cooperation pact' - Nov 13, 2010
- Hollywood, Bollywood join hands to encourage co-productions - Nov 11, 2010
- Reliance MediaWorks to provide digital video library - Oct 01, 2011
- Comic on Internet piracy launched for schoolkids - May 24, 2010
- 'Digital transmission in four metros from July' - Mar 14, 2012
- Film, TV industry contributed $6 bn to economy in 2008-09 - Mar 19, 2010
- COMIC BOOKS HIGHLIGHTING DANGERS OF FILESHARING LAUNCHED IN INDIA - May 24, 2010
- Foreign films contributed $60 mn to Indian economy in 2008-2009 - Mar 19, 2010
- Toonz celebrates double win at FICCI awards - Mar 28, 2011
- Reliance MediaWorks, Annapurna Studios join hands - Oct 20, 2011
Tags: american film industry, ceo, challenges, dalal, dan glickman, entertainment markets, film and television, film industries, india pvt ltd, indian film, indian government, motion picture association of america, motion pictures, mpaa, mumbai, presence, rajiv, television industry, television rights, trade organization