Mother throws baby from ninth floorAugust 29th, 2012 - 7:35 am ICT by IANS
Moscow, Aug 29 (IANS/RIA Novosti) A woman in central Russia’s Ryazan city threw her nine-month-old son out of a ninth floor window during a visit by child welfare officers, police said.
Two officers of a police unit for the issues related to minors visited the 23-year-old woman, following a request from her mother, who said her daughter was not taking proper care of the baby.
“The woman was in a state of agitation. In a conversation, she complained of difficult life and then, suddenly, threw the baby who she held in her hands, out of the ninth floor window,” police said in a statement.
One of the officers ran downstairs and called doctors, but it was too late.
- Mother throws crying baby from 14th floor - Mar 03, 2012
- To escape rape, Russian woman jumps from fourth floor - Jul 06, 2012
- Five killed in car accident near Moscow - Jul 22, 2012
- Russian woman throws children from 15th floor - Jun 25, 2012
- Case filed against mom caught selling toddlers - Jun 02, 2011
- Russian teen survives fall from 9th floor - Oct 30, 2011
- Russian journalists assaulted - May 04, 2012
- Russian woman found living with husband's body - Mar 11, 2012
- Woman held for trying to sell own baby - Aug 15, 2012
- Floods hit homes in Russia - Apr 22, 2012
- Child among three killed in Russian plane crash - Jul 22, 2012
- Woman detains man armed with model gun - Nov 21, 2011
- Woman stabs father, kills self - Sep 02, 2010
- US national kills Russian wife, commits suicide in Moscow - May 26, 2011
- Drunk held for gas blast threat - Mar 24, 2012