Mother seeks mercy for son who stabbed herNovember 1st, 2011 - 3:18 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, Nov 1 (IANS) A man in China has been sentenced to three-and-a-half years in prison for stabbing his mother nine times over a money row.
But the mother has sought mercy for him.
The 24-year-old, surnamed Wang, attacked his mother March 31 while reuniting with her at the Shanghai airport after having spent five years in Japan studying, Xinhua reported.
The 52-year-old woman, Gu, begged the court to forgive her son. “My son became a victim when our financial situation deteriorated,” she told the judge.
Gu and her son quarrelled after she expressed her inability to financially support him any more.
Gu earned about 80,000 yuan ($12,500) a year by selling clothes. But her son’s tuition and living expenses in Japan were at least three times that amount. She borrowed from friends and relatives to finance his studies.
Meanwhile, Wang has been convicted of intentionally injuring another person. The sentence was handed down by the Pudong New Area People’s Court after it rejected his plea of insanity.
- Man abducted 30 years ago reunited with parents - Dec 13, 2010
- 'Sex-and-money' involved in Briton's death in China - Apr 15, 2012
- Chinese man's mistresses jump into river for BMW - Jan 06, 2011
- Bo Xilai's wife 'confessed' to killing British businessman - Aug 07, 2012
- US woman jailed for shooting sex tape with son - Jun 24, 2012
- Couple bashed up for telling theatre-goers to stay quiet - Sep 10, 2012
- Spare my son, don't hang him, pleads father - Aug 29, 2011
- Beijing tax chief gets death sentence - May 10, 2012
- Man, 80, held for strangling wife - Feb 22, 2012
- Andhra woman seeks euthanasia for paralysed son (Lead) - Feb 07, 2012
- Andhra woman seeks mercy killing for paralysed son - Feb 07, 2012
- Chinese official sentenced for embezzlement - Jun 05, 2012
- Brothers reunited after 80 years - Aug 17, 2012
- Kite string causes blackout in Shanghai - Mar 31, 2012
- Chinese triplets get admission in same college for same major! - Jul 17, 2009
Tags: beijing, china, clothes, financial situation, half years, japan, least three times, living expenses, money, nine times, nov 1, old woman, plea of insanity, pudong new area, relatives, shanghai airport, xinhua, yuan