Mother drowns baby in Norway as boyfriend watches on SkypeJanuary 6th, 2012 - 7:32 pm ICT by IANS
London, Jan 6 (IANS) A Norwegian woman, separated from her Pakistani husband, drowned her one-year-old baby in a bucket while her boyfriend watched it live on Skype, a media report said.
Yasmin Chaudhry, 26, killed her baby girl by plunging into a bucket of water during a 3 a.m. Skype video call with her British partner, Daily Mail reported Friday.
She said she wanted to discipline her baby for “disobeying her”. She told paramedics the baby had fallen into the bucket by accident. The girl was pronounced dead next day.
But after being arrested on suspicion of murder, Chaudhry claimed that her boyfriend - who is not the child’s father - told her to do it, the Mail said quoting The Sun newspaper.
Both she and the Briton, who she met over the internet, deny wanting to kill the baby.
“They have the same story, but with some differences,” police prosecutor Kristin Rusdel said.
“She says he instructed her to do it, whereas he says that they more or less figured it out together after talking about how to discipline her.
“He says the intention was never to kill the child. They were both very scared and decided to cover it up.”
Officers from Oslo flew to Britain just before Christmas to question the boyfriend - who has not been named.
Chaudhry’s five-year-old son was taken into care following the horrific episode in October 2010.
On Thursday, Chaudhry was remanded until Feb 4.
A preliminary murder charge had been filed against the British man and said police were discussing extradition.
The baby’s father now lives in Pakistan after splitting with the mother.
- Kristin Cavallari doesn't want to be a pregnant bride - Feb 03, 2012
- Woman jailed for killing pregnant woman, unborn baby - Oct 08, 2010
- Book Afreen's father for murder: NCPCR - Apr 11, 2012
- Pregnant Pakistani woman killed by in-laws in Britain - Apr 25, 2012
- Asian-origin girl, paralysed in shooting, faces tough life - Mar 26, 2012
- Government needs to watch every baby girl: NCPCR - Apr 09, 2012
- Jaipur toddler drowns in bucket of water - May 15, 2012
- Mum in UK cuts out heart of 4-year-old daughter as 'religious offering' - Dec 19, 2010
- Baby in pram falls into Thames - Sep 02, 2012
- NRI children: Uncle to leave for Norway, India steps up pressure (Lead) - Feb 01, 2012
- Toddler drowns in bucket - Apr 27, 2011
- Norway may give Indian kids' custody to uncle (Roundup) - Feb 28, 2012
- Andhra man beats wife for carrying girl child - Apr 03, 2012
- Teenage British girl on the run with her baby - Sep 09, 2010
- Father in UK 'rapes teenage daughter for a child' - Dec 08, 2010
Tags: baby girl, british man, briton, bucket of water, daily mail, extradition, intention, london jan, murder charge, norway, norwegian woman, old baby, oslo, pakistan, paramedics, police prosecutor, suspicion of murder, video call, watches, yasmin