Most Chinese youth don’t discriminate homosexualsFebruary 14th, 2012 - 11:11 am ICT by IANS
Beijing, Feb 14 (IANS) More than 80 percent of Chinese people born after the 1980s hold no discriminatory beliefs regarding homosexuality, says a survey.
According to the survey on marriage perspectives conducted by jiayuan.com, a major Chinese dating website, 83 percent of respondents born between 1980 and 1989 as well as 82 percent of those born after 1990 do not disapprove of homosexuality.
The survey was published in the Beijing News daily.
The survey of 85,439 people — most of whom were between the ages of 20 and 50 — also revealed that about 15 percent of women respondents would not marry a man who does not own an apartment and a car.
When asked about their opinion on cross-border marriages, respondents cited greater welfare and improved education for their children as well as a preference for overseas culture as reasons for preferring a cross-border marriage.
According to Xinhua, jiayuan.com claims to be China’s largest dating website, with more than 40 million registered users.
- Single at 29: Shanghai women feel 'leftover' - Mar 08, 2012
- 70 percent Chinese have pre-marital sex: Study - Apr 10, 2012
- Katrina voted best Indian celebrity match for Prince William - Apr 28, 2011
- Hang on! No quick divorce in Chinese city - Jul 26, 2012
- 80 percent Chinese lack real friends: Survey - Nov 11, 2010
- Chinese students like to marry after graduation - Aug 24, 2010
- 70 percent Chinese feel happy in 2011 - Dec 24, 2011
- Buy a house first to marry in China - Jan 08, 2012
- China examines Google's mapping request - Feb 02, 2012
- 70 percent Chinese were happy in 2011 - Dec 23, 2011
- Divorced Indian men prefer single women when marrying again - May 03, 2011
- Love all: Indians game for cross-border spouses - Apr 23, 2010
- Majority Americans approve Obama's same-sex marriage decision - May 12, 2012
- Inflation affecting living standards in China - Dec 22, 2011
- Companionship the key to a successful marriage: Survey - Apr 05, 2011