Most Americans disapprove of Palin’s response to Arizona shootings: PollJanuary 18th, 2011 - 3:21 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Jan 18 (ANI): Former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin’s response to the Arizona shootings has been slammed by Americans, including most of her supporters, with a latest poll saying that 46 percent of respondents disapproved of her way of handling the outcry.
Only 30 percent of respondents approved of her way of handling the outcry, the ABC News-Washington Post poll said.
According to the New York Daily News, the poll also said that 78 percent of respondents approved US President Barack Obama’s way of dealing with the issue.
Obama earned appreciation even from his 2008 presidential race opponents John McCain over his actions following the massacre.
“We are Americans and fellow human beings, and that shared distinction is so much more important than the disputes that invigorate our noisy, rough-and-tumble political culture. That is what I heard the President say on Wednesday evening. I commend and thank him for it,” McCain said.
Following the incident, while many politicians called for national unity, Palin found herself surrounded with her controversies over her 2008 crosshairs depiction on her Facebook page, and many linked it to the attempted assassinations.
Democratic Representative Gabrielle Giffords, and 18 others were shot on Saturday morning when a gunman opened fire outside a supermarket where Giffords was meeting with her constituents. (ANI)
- Obama's approval ratings shot up in two polls following 'Arizona shooting' speech - Jan 19, 2011
- Polls estimate Obama's approval among Americans at 50 percent - Mar 16, 2011
- Death threats against Sarah Palin at 'unprecedented level': Aide - Jan 13, 2011
- US Republicans disappointed at Palin's 'blood libel' rant over attack on Giffords - Jan 13, 2011
- Six dead, U.S. Congresswoman Giffords among at least 12 injured in Az. shooting - Jan 09, 2011
- Palin drops to fifth place in GOP 2012 presidential primary race - Apr 09, 2011
- Arizona survivor blames Palin's 'crosshair' posting for shooting mayhem - Jan 15, 2011
- Obama needs Palin on the same ticket to win Arizona in 2012 - Feb 03, 2011
- Palin's favorability ratings drop to new low: Poll - Mar 17, 2011
- Palin defends Jewish "blood libel" comment, accuses opponents of trying to 'shut her up' - Jan 18, 2011
- Latino voters sticking with Obama, Democrats: Poll - Dec 29, 2011
- U. S. President Barack Obama, Other Politicians Criticize Arizona Shooting - Jan 09, 2011
- Obama's approval ratings soar despite disappointments over health-employment issues - Jan 22, 2011
- Amid criticism, Palin's e-mails to commentator Glenn Beck claims "I hate violence" - Jan 11, 2011
- McCain waxes eloquent on Palin while likening her to "divisive" Reagan - Nov 29, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,