Moscow woman creates ‘cake bomb’ scareDecember 2nd, 2011 - 7:06 pm ICT by IANS
Moscow, Dec 2 (IANS/RIA Novosti) A mentally-unstable woman in Moscow arrived at the interior ministry’s Criminology Centre with a cake box that she said contained a bomb, police said Friday.
The incident took place Thursday evening.
A combat team was called in to inspect the suspicious box but found that the cake inside it did not contain any explosive device.
The woman was detained and later admitted to a psychiatric clinic, a police official said.
- Moscow cop held with one kg cocaine - Aug 18, 2012
- Murder accused held after 20 years on the run - Sep 28, 2011
- Policeman killed in Russia bombing - Aug 02, 2012
- Barrels of human embryos found in Russian forest - Jul 23, 2012
- Man goes on stabbing spree in Moscow - Dec 10, 2011
- Russian military doctor held for taking bribe - Jun 21, 2012
- Muslim woman sentenced in Russia over extremist article - Sep 13, 2012
- Russian faces jail for killing his rapist - May 11, 2012
- Russian man beheads girlfriend - Feb 17, 2011
- Man with 250 rare animals caught in Argentina - Dec 27, 2011
- Russian cop beats lover to death - Apr 25, 2012
- World War II shell found near Euro stadium in Ukraine - Jun 08, 2012
- Corpses end up on street near Russia morgue - Aug 02, 2012
- Uzbek couple jailed for selling daughter - Jun 21, 2012
- Russian steals gunpowder to fuel stove - Aug 14, 2012