Moscow serial killer gets life for 16 murdersJanuary 30th, 2012 - 5:27 pm ICT by IANS
Moscow, Jan 30 (IANS/RIA Novosti) The Moscow City Court has handed down a life sentence to 32-year-old Vladimir Mirgorod for killing at least 16 people in Moscow between 2002 and 2004, authorities said Monday.
The court established that Mirgorod killed 16 people - fifteen women and a 13-year-old teenager. He raped several of his victims before suffocating them, prosecutors said.
“The crimes had not been cleared up for a time long as the criminal was serving a sentence for rape and robbery between 2005 and 2010,” the Prosecutor General’s Office said.
Mirgorod will spend the rest of his life in a special regime prison.
- Math teacher in Russia sentenced for verbal abuse - Apr 12, 2012
- Serial killer faces trial in Moscow - May 23, 2012
- Rapist-arsonist jailed for life in Russia - Aug 15, 2012
- Russian air force to buy 30 choppers - Jan 16, 2012
- Two Russians jailed for raping 83-year-old woman - Jul 10, 2012
- Putin bans internet alcohol advertisements - Jul 21, 2012
- Stray dogs kill woman - Mar 16, 2012
- Russian faces jail for killing his rapist - May 11, 2012
- Two convicted in Russia for making pen guns - Feb 08, 2012
- Space centre chief loses job over failed launches - Sep 03, 2012
- Kazakh beer thief returns unfinished bottles - Aug 21, 2012
- Two die while riding on roof of Moscow metro train - Feb 14, 2011
- Putin proposes Medvedev as prime minister - May 07, 2012
- Putin declares income of $122,000 for 2011 - Apr 12, 2012
- Foreigners in Moscow may be fingerprinted - Oct 20, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,