More than 500 investors to visit Kerala tourism meetDecember 19th, 2008 - 7:13 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, Dec 19 (IANS) More than 500 prospective domestic and overseas investors have registered at “Entee Naadu”, a two-day meeting of the Malayalee diaspora and entrepreneurs to be held at Kochi Dec 23-24, the government said here Friday.”Malayalees from 42 countries and 13 states in the country have registered and the maximum number of prospective investors is coming from the UAE,” T.K. Manzoor, nodal officer of the event, told reporters here.
State Tourism Minister Kodiyeri Balakrisnan said the screening committee had scrutinised 189 tourism-related business proposals from residents of the state, and selected 60 that would be showcased at the two-day meet.
Tourism Secretary V. Venu said the proposals include home stays, service apartments and similar tourism ventures.
“The government will act as the facilitator and during the event various financial institutions, including state government agencies, will be present for prospective investors to talk to if they require project funding,” he added.
The event is being jointly organised by the state tourism and industry departments.
About two million Malayalees are now settled abroad, close to 90 percent of them working in the Middle East.
Kerala Chief Minister V.S. Achuthanandan will inaugurate the event in the presence of Minister for Overseas Indian Affairs Vayalar Ravi.
- Kerala expects Rs.5 bn investment at entrepreneur-diaspora meet - Dec 05, 2008
- Karnataka looks beyond Bangalore to promote tourism - Jun 08, 2012
- Once bitten, Karnataka not shy to woo investors again - Jun 06, 2012
- Kerala to hold diaspora meet to promote tourism - Oct 21, 2008
- Debates, controversies should not hamper investment: Antony - Sep 12, 2012
- Karnataka global investors' meet kicks off - Jun 07, 2012
- Kerala expecting huge overseas investment: Chandy - Apr 20, 2012
- Karnataka gets Rs.5-trillion worth investment proposals (Lead) - Jun 07, 2012
- Annual diaspora meet begins in Jaipur Saturday - Jan 05, 2012
- Himachal University to start course in archaeology - Jul 23, 2012
- Rs.10 bn investment expected from Kerala diaspora meet - Dec 24, 2008
- Kerala to showcase projects worth Rs.100 crore - Aug 27, 2009
- Single window clearance to tourism projects in Maharashtra - Apr 22, 2010
- State governments to help regulate illegal migration - Oct 28, 2010
- Row breaks out over Kochi Metro Rail project - Jan 02, 2012
Tags: business proposals, kerala chief minister, malayalees, overseas investors, prospective investors, service apartments, state government agencies, tourism secretary, tourism ventures, v s achuthanandan