More nuclear talks needed with Iran: IAEAOctober 29th, 2009 - 10:23 pm ICT by IANS
Vienna, Oct 29 (DPA) Iran has provided an “initial response” to a planned international nuclear fuel deal, the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) confirmed Thursday, adding that more consultations were needed.
Ali Asghar Soltanieh, Iran’s ambassador to the IAEA, said his country had a positive approach to the deal but that it asked for “important technical and economic amendments” ot the plan drafted by IAEA Director General Mohamed ElBaradei.
“The Director General is engaged in consultations with the government of Iran as well as all relevant parties, with the hope that agreement on his proposal can be reached soon,” the IAEA said.
ElBaradei’s draft plan foresees sending most of Iran’s stock of low-enriched uranium abroad for further processing into fuel that would run a medical-use research reactor in Tehran.
The United States, Russia and France agreed already last Friday to the deal that is seen as a confidence-building measure, following negotiations with Iran and the IAEA earlier that week.
- Iran to continue uranium enrichment despite swap deal - Jun 03, 2010
- Iran seeks changes to international uranium deal - Oct 30, 2009
- Iran issues threats after IAEA resolution (Lead, changing dateline) - Nov 27, 2009
- Pressure mounts on Iran at ElBaradei's final IAEA board meeting (Lead) - Nov 26, 2009
- IAEA experts end Iran inspection, arrive in Vienna - Oct 29, 2009
- Iran produces 70 kg high-grade enriched uranium - Oct 18, 2011
- Iranian parliament against uranium exchange deal - Oct 24, 2009
- Iran succeeds in enriching uranium 20 percent: Ahmadinejad (Lead) - Feb 12, 2010
- Iran nuclear talks end in Vienna (Lead) - Oct 21, 2009
- Iran enriches 100 kg of Uranium to 20 percent (Lead) - Feb 20, 2012
- Iran refuses to send uranium stockpile out of country - Oct 30, 2009
- Iran to speed up uranium enrichment - Jun 13, 2011
- Nuclear talks held up by Iran's rejection of France - Oct 20, 2009
- World powers urge Iran to reconsider nuclear deal - Nov 20, 2009
- Iran warns IAEA against using 'language of force' - Nov 27, 2009
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,