Mom cuts son’s penis because she wanted a girlJanuary 17th, 2012 - 6:21 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, Jan 17 (IANS) A young mother in eastern China has cut her son’s penis because she wanted a girl, a media report said Tuesday.
The 23-year-old woman, who hails from the Yancheng city in Jiangsu province, was sentenced to five years in prison for the crime, the Shanghai Daily reported Tuesday.
Xiao Meng gave birth to her son Yaya last March. Her husband Zhan and mother-in-law recalled that after Yaya was born, Xiao often talked to herself: “I wish it could be a girl.”
Zhan told the daily Jinling Evening News that his wife often slapped the baby and grabbed him by the neck.
He thought she was suffering from post-natal depression and did not worry too much.
The court heard that on Aug 15, 2011, Zhan’s mother rushed into the room after she heard the baby’s cries. She found Yaya’s dismembered penis in a pool of blood.
Xiao cut off the penis with a pair of scissors.
After treatment, Yaya’s life was out of danger and he could pee normally. However, doctors said Yaya would never regain productivity.
Zhan told the paper that Xiao was worried that a son would be a big burden because the parents are responsible to buy him a house and get him a wife.
- Depressed mum kills kids - Jul 30, 2011
- Incest man killed by kin - Mar 20, 2012
- Women facing baby blues process negative emotions differently - Sep 20, 2010
- 12 Year Old Curtis Francis Survives Swallowing Scissors - Nov 06, 2010
- Young mother 'stabs baby with scissors' - Apr 10, 2011
- Brit boy suffers only minor cuts after swallowing a pair of nail scissors - Nov 05, 2010
- Fish Oil Supplements Hardly Of Any Use During Pregnancy, Study Says - Oct 21, 2010
- Gay Chinese kids seek acceptance - Oct 31, 2010
- Fish oil in pregnancy doesn't boost baby's brain power - Oct 20, 2010
- New mothers in Australia suffer from trauma - Jun 01, 2011
- Woman pardons mother who cut off her ears - Dec 28, 2011
- Sadie Frost once slit her arm with scissors, reveals tell-all - Aug 16, 2010
- Billie Piper opens up about her struggle with postnatal depression - Apr 05, 2010
- Pregnancy complications linked to depression in mums - Aug 04, 2010
- Tripura mothers to receive health alerts on mobiles - Sep 13, 2011
Tags: beijing, doctors, eastern china, jiangsu province, jinling, meng, mom, mother in law, old woman, pair of scissors, parents, pee, pool of blood, post natal depression, productivity, shanghai, xiao, yancheng city, young mother, zhan