Moderate quake hits JapanApril 2nd, 2012 - 3:57 am ICT by IANS
Tokyo, April 2 (IANS) A moderate earthquake measuring 5.9 on the Richter scale hit sea off Japan’s Fukushima prefecture on the Honshu island Sunday, said Japan Meteorological Agency(JMA).
The epicentre of the temblor, which struck at 11.04 p.m. (local time), was initially determined at 37.1 degrees north latitude, 141.3 degrees east longitude with a depth of 50 km, Xinhua reported.
Though tremors were felt in Tokyo, no alert for tsunami was issued.
- Strong quake hits Japan (Lead) - Mar 01, 2012
- Earthquake hits Japan - Mar 01, 2012
- Japan issues tsunami alter after 6.8-magnitude quake - Aug 19, 2011
- 6-magnitude quake off Japan's Honshu island - Mar 13, 2011
- Strong quake hits Japan - Mar 27, 2012
- Magnitude-6 quake hits Japan - Nov 24, 2011
- 6 magnitude quake jolts Japan - Mar 15, 2011
- 5.5-magnitude quake off Japan's Honshu - Apr 02, 2011
- Tsunami warning issued after quake hits Japan (Lead, Changing dateline) - Jul 10, 2011
- Strong earthquake jolts eastern Japan - Aug 12, 2011
- Japan issues tsunami alert after 7.4-magnitude quake (Second Lead) - Apr 07, 2011
- Magnitude 6 quake hits China - Mar 09, 2012
- Moderate intensity tremor rocks Kashmir (Lead) - Mar 12, 2012
- 6.5-magnitude quake hits off east coast of Honshu - Apr 12, 2011
- 6.8 magnitude quake jolts Japan (Lead) - Mar 14, 2012
Tags: east longitude, epicentre, fukushima prefecture, honshu island, japan meteorological agency, japan tokyo, local time, moderate earthquake, moderate quake, north latitude, richter scale, temblor, tremors, tsunami, xinhua