Mobile phone clip of mom being gang-raped posted on YouTubeMarch 5th, 2008 - 6:03 pm ICT by admin
Sydney, March 5 (ANI): A YouTube video of a British mother being gang-raped in her home has caused outrage in the UK and prompted calls for tougher internet laws.
The 25-year-old mother went to police last month after learning that a video of her three-minute suffering had been viewed 600 times on the popular video-sharing website.
The video was only removed from the site at the request of an alarmed user.
According to the mother, three teenage boys raped her and then urinated on her after spiking her drink last November.
In the video, the woman appears unconscious as she is repeatedly raped, while her two children can be heard crying in the background.
“I was raped on film and you could hear my [two-year-old] daughter and four-year-old son crying,” News.com.au quoted the mother, as saying.
“Putting it on the Internet was an abomination I cannot understand how any website could show such a thing, she added.
A YouTube Australia spokesperson said that site’s rules prohibited content such as pornography and gratuitous violence from being uploaded.
“Anyone in the world who sees content that they think is inappropriate can flag it and our staff then review it,” the spokesperson said.
“If the content breaks our terms, then we remove it. If the police ask us for information in accordance with legal process, we will cooperate, the spokesperson added.
The spokesperson further explained that YouTube had also been used by police to solve and prevent crimes.
“YouTube is a community site used by millions of people in very positive ways. Sadly, as with any form of communication, there is a tiny minority of people who try to break the rules, the spokesperson said. (ANI)
- YouTube to show British royal wedding live - Apr 20, 2011
- Creating content for Youtube: Madonna's new job - Oct 31, 2011
- YouTube increases video upload limit to 15 minutes - Aug 01, 2010
- Co-founder of YouTube steps down as CEO - Oct 30, 2010
- Justin Bieber's YouTube videos redirect to porn sites - Jul 05, 2010
- Internet content: Court considers summoning US firms - May 23, 2012
- Vulgarity in internet videos worries China - May 08, 2012
- Google introduces smut censor for YouTube - Feb 12, 2010
- YouTube marks fifth birthday by announcing two billion views per day - May 19, 2010
- YouTube still swamped with 'hate preach videos' against West - Nov 08, 2010
- YouTube to 'improve search techniques on site' - Nov 11, 2010
- Miley Cyrus in dirty dancing video - May 14, 2010
- Google unveils new ultra-high speed internet - Jul 27, 2012
- Why was Guwahati molestation video put on YouTube, ask netizens - Jul 13, 2012
- Gaga becomes 1st musician to attract over 1bn video views on YouTube - Oct 26, 2010
Tags: abomination, australia, british mother, crimes, gratuitous violence, internet laws, last november, mobile phone, mom, news com au, old mother, outrage, pornography, spokesperson, suffering, sydney march, teenage boys, tiny minority, video sharing website, youtube video