MNS activists celebrate Raj Thackerays bailOctober 23rd, 2008 - 10:06 am ICT by ANI
Pune/Patna, Oct 23 (ANI): Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) activists celebrated the bail granted to their leader Raj Thackeray, here last evening.
It was a festive mood at Thackeray’’s residence as his party activists and kin burst crackers and exchanged sweets after he reached home.
Meanwhile, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) blamed both the ruling parties the Congress and the NCP - in Maharashtra for the violence.
“What all has happened in Mumbai is indiscipline. MNS has encouraged violence and I condemn that. I believe that what all is happening in Mumbai is all part of conspiracy of the Congress and NCP,” said BJP chief Rajnath Singh in Pune.
Senior Janata Dal-U leader and Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar demanded strict actions on the perpetrators of violence. People in Maharashtra should be provided protection. We appeal that peace should prevail in Bihar and demand that stern action on the perpetrators of violence in Maharashtra, said Kumar in Patna.
Earlier, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati had demanded MNS be banned, echoing calls by other legislators in parliament.
Mayawati warned of a backlash against Maharashtrians in Uttar Pradesh and other states.
Raj Thackeray was granted bail till October 24 after a Kalyan court sent him to 14-day judicial custody till November 5 in connection with a case of attack against North Indians.
The Mumbai Police arrested Raj from a guest house in Ratnagiri after a case was registered against him following Sunday’’s attack by MNS workers on North Indian candidates appearing in a rail exam in suburb Kherwadi.
Raj has been charged under Sections 153, 353, 336, 425 and 427 of IPC, police sources said. His arrest has triggered violence across Maharashtra, with the police resorting to lathi-charge in several parts to dispel the protesters. (ANI
- Raj Thackeray to take out march even if refused permission - Aug 20, 2012
- Police allow Raj Thackeray to hold rally (Lead) - Aug 20, 2012
- Raj Thackeray publicity-hungry: Nitish Kumar - Sep 02, 2012
- Raj Thackeray drops protest against Bihar Day event - Apr 13, 2012
- ''Political parties should realise gravity of situation fanning regional tensions'' - Oct 26, 2008
- Stone-pelting cases: Raj Thackeray gets bail from Aurangabad court - Feb 09, 2011
- MNS activists attack toll posts across Maharashtra - Jun 13, 2012
- Sena-BJP combine triumph in Mumbai, Thane civic polls, MNS gains (Lead) - Feb 17, 2012
- Mayawati flays Raj Thackeray for remarks on migrants - Jul 15, 2011
- Lalu slams Nitish for 'bowing' before Raj Thackeray - Apr 16, 2012
- Raj Thackeray again attacks north Indian migrants - Jul 18, 2011
- Widow of MNS legislator joins NCP - Sep 22, 2011
- Shiv Sena-BJP-RPI triumphs in Mumbai, Thane civic polls; MNS gains (Intro Roundup) - Feb 17, 2012
- Raj blames Bangladeshis for violence, wants Patil out (Roundup) - Aug 21, 2012
- Defiant MNS asks Mumbai residents not to pay toll tax - Jul 29, 2012
Tags: bharatiya janata party, bihar, bjp, chief minister, festive mood, judicial custody, kalyan, maharashtra, mns, mumbai police, ncp, nitish kumar, party activists, patna, police sources, ratnagiri, ruling parties, stern action, thackeray, uttar pradesh chief minister mayawati