MMA on the verge of splitNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:14 am ICT by admin
MMA sources said that the stormy meeting would thoroughly discuss the dissolution of the NWFP Assembly after the presidential election, though the Jamaat had demanded assembly’s dissolution prior to the presidential election.
Sources said Fazl and his party members would also question the unilateral decisions of Qazi Hussain Ahmed on important political issues.
“Jamaat-i-Islami and Qazi Hussain Ahmed are trying to create a rift between the Maulvis and the military. My party is clearly aligned with Fazl and I think Qazi Sahib should change his behavior,” Jamiat Ulema-e-Pakistan (Senior) General Secretary Qari Gul Rehman said.
He, however, said that MMA would not face any split due to common vote bank.
Rehman is the only senior member of MMA Supreme Council who had cast his vote in the presidential election in violation of All Parties Democratic Alliance’s (APDM) decision to boycott the election, the Daily Times reported. (ANI)
- Pak clerics warn of protests if blasphemy laws are amended - Dec 13, 2010
- PPP asks JUI-F chief to withdraw from PM race - Jun 22, 2012
- Pak clerics launch campaign to protect blasphemy laws - Dec 16, 2010
- KP minister calls Pak parties Jamaat-e-Islami, JUI-F 'political wings of terrorists' - Nov 12, 2010
- Cracks widen in Pakistan's ruling coalition, key ally quits - Dec 21, 2010
- JUI-F chief offered to mediate between US, Taliban during 2007 India visit: WikiLeaks - Apr 01, 2011
- Pakistan opposition names PM candidates - Jun 21, 2012
- Pakistani jirga opposes military operations against Taliban - Jul 05, 2011
- Raja Pervez Ashraf is PPP candidate for PM's post (Lead) - Jun 22, 2012
- Fazl claims 9,000 Blackwater agents are operational in Islamabad - Feb 08, 2010
- Pak religious leaders declare suicide attacks 'haram' - Dec 14, 2009
- Fazl vows not to let Shahbaz Bhatti's killing to be 'used against Islam' - Mar 06, 2011
- Five in race for Pakistan PM's post (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- PML-Q offers help to JUI-F in ousting Balochistan government - Dec 21, 2010
- Pak assurances to clamp down on banned outfits mere promises? - Jun 15, 2010
Tags: ahmed, democratic alliance, dissolution, election sources, hussain, jamiat, maulana, mma, nwfp, party members, presidential election, qari, rehman, sahib, supreme council, unilateral decisions, vote bank