Mitt Romney slightly ahead of potential 2012 GOP presidential candidates: PollJanuary 25th, 2011 - 5:04 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Jan 25 (ANI): Former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney is slightly ahead of his potential Republican 2012 presidential contenders, according to a new poll.
Politico quoted the Rasmussen survey as saying that Romney enjoys 24 percent support of American voters closely followed by former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin with 19 percent, and former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee with 17 percent support.
Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich trails the front-runners with 11 percent of likely Republican voters backing him, the poll said.
Former Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty has managed to earn 6 percent support, while Texas Representative Ron Paul got 4 percent.
Earlier, Romney was also placed first in a straw poll of New Hampshire Republican Party officials. He had won with 35 percent of the total vote, beating second-place finisher Ron Paul, R-Texas, by 24 points. (ANI)
- Romney wins New Hampshire Republican Party Committee Straw Poll - Jan 23, 2011
- Romney, Palin clear leaders for 2012 GOP presidential primary - Oct 01, 2010
- Trump takes lead in GOP primary race, beats other Republicans: Poll - Apr 17, 2011
- New Hampshire voters prefer Romney over Obama: Poll - Apr 23, 2011
- Obama most popular candidate for 2012 election: Survey - Mar 24, 2011
- Trump in second place as GOP candidate: NBC Poll - Apr 07, 2011
- Crucial primaries await Republican front-runners - Feb 28, 2012
- Romney, Huckabee are Republican Party's best White House bet - Feb 07, 2011
- Obama's rating plunges, yet ahead of GOP rivals: Poll - Apr 20, 2011
- Poll shows ex-Arkansas Governor Huckabee a hit with southern voters - Mar 02, 2011
- Romney sweeps five states, readies to battle Obama - Apr 25, 2012
- Romney coasts to second victory in a row - Feb 05, 2012
- Palin gets no vote in recent GOP straw poll - Feb 23, 2011
- Romney GOP's only New Hampshire hope: Poll - Apr 07, 2011
- Gingrich wins key Republican primary in South Carolina - Jan 22, 2012
Tags: alaska governor sarah palin, arkansas governor mike huckabee, former arkansas governor mike huckabee, former house speaker newt gingrich, former minnesota governor, gop presidential candidates, governor mike huckabee, governor mitt romney, governor sarah palin, governor tim pawlenty, house speaker newt gingrich, mike huckabee, minnesota governor tim pawlenty, newt gingrich, presidential contenders, representative ron paul, republican party officials, sarah palin, speaker newt gingrich, tim pawlenty