Missing engineer’s wife questions Nitish Kumar’s silenceJune 26th, 2012 - 10:21 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, June 26 (IANS) The wife of Bihar engineer Fasih Mehmood, who has been missing since he was allegedly arrested in Saudi Arabia and deported to India, Tuesday questioned the “silence” of Chief Minister Nitish Kumar over the central government’s failure to trace him.
“I fail to understand Nitish Kumar’s silence on the issue and his reluctance to give us an assurance of help to trace my husband,” Nikhat Parveen told newspersons here after submitting a memorandum to the state governor.
She said the chief minister should have raised the issue of her husband, who is from Bihar. “It appears to me that he has no time for this genuine issue.”
Parveen said she would request the president, the prime minister and the chief justice of the Supreme Court to help in tracing her missing husband.
She said she had full faith in the apex court before which she filed a plea in this regard.
The apex court earlier this month issued notice to the home and external affairs ministries over the disappearance of Mehmood.
The 35-year-old engineer, who hails from a village in Darbhanga district, was reportedly arrested in Saudi Arabia May 14 for alleged terror links in India. But he ahs been untraced since then.
- Apex court issues notice on a missing Bihar engineer - May 30, 2012
- Terror suspect engineer's wife seeks fast track trial - Jul 01, 2012
- Apex court issues notice on missing Bihar engineer (Lead) - May 30, 2012
- Apex court grants time to centre on missing engineer case - Jun 01, 2012
- Court gives government time in missing engineer case (Lead) - Jun 01, 2012
- Bihar engineer in Saudi custody: Government to SC (Lead) - Jul 09, 2012
- Family shocked at Bihar engineer's arrest on terror charges - May 21, 2012
- Fasih Mehmood not in India's custody: Chidambaram - May 31, 2012
- Missing engineer's mother asks PM to help trace son - Jun 18, 2012
- Where is Fasih Mahmood, apex court asks - Jun 06, 2012
- Where is Fasih Mahmood, apex court asks (Lead) - Jun 06, 2012
- Bihar engineer in Saudi custody: Government to SC (Second Lead) - Jul 09, 2012
- Missing engineer's parents to stage hunger strike - May 24, 2012
- Saudi authorities mum on Fasih Mahmood, SC told - Jun 11, 2012
- Protest in Bihar against arrest of terror suspects - May 30, 2012
Tags: apex, apex court, central government, chief justice of the supreme court, chief minister, disappearance, external affairs, failure, genuine issue, justice of the supreme court, mehmood, memorandum, missing engineer, plea, prime minister, regard, reluctance, saudi arabia, silence, state governor