‘Miss Congeniality’ Kate ‘wanted to save herself for someone special’November 20th, 2010 - 12:13 pm ICT by ANI
London, Nov 20 (ANI): Kate Middleton didn’t just charm Prince Williams, but was a favourite with her fellow sixth-formers who voted her ‘Person Most Likely To Be Loved By Everybody.’
Her classmates at Marlborough College recall a stunning young woman who shied away from attentions of the opposite sex, intent on saving herself for someone special.
“She was stunning - every boy in the school fancied her rotten,’ one pupil recalls. ‘But apart from a couple of snogs she never went out with anyone. I got the very distinct impression that Catherine was the kind of girl who wanted to save herself for someone special,” The Daily Mail quoted one classmate as saying.
Her Year Book, compiled by students, depict Kate as a fun, popular girl but one who, even then, knew never to overstep the boundaries.
“Catherine was really good for a laugh. She was always raising people’s spirits and could be very goofy but was very sweet and quite shy at times,” a classmate recalled.
Her only shortcoming, if that, was her obsession with her body.
“Catherine’s perfect looks are renowned … but she is often found squinting down her top screaming, “They’re growing!”" wrote her peers.
One Willem Marx was rumoured to have been her ‘first love’, although her name appears alongside Henry Preston in the list of ‘Best Couples’.
Middleton was not a big drinker either.
One weekend she was among a group of girls invited to a black-tie party held at the house of Olympic horseman William Fox-Pitt. Kate, who had eaten nothing all day, spent the night dancing and drinking champagne.
“The following morning the girls got back on the train to Waterloo very hungover and without any sleep. As the train approached London, Catherine started looking very pale and she was violently ill,” a friend recalled.’
“That was the first and only time anyone ever saw Catherine drunk or even slightly out of control. It was so out of character.” (ANI)
- Like Prince William, Kate Middleton too opts for low-key hen night - Mar 29, 2011
- Kate Middleton 'quit her first public school because she was bullied' - Apr 03, 2011
- 'Too perfect' Kate Middleton was 'badly bullied' in her boarding school - Apr 04, 2011
- Catherine is perfect, says Mischa Barton - Aug 27, 2012
- Kate Middleton Turns 29 - Jan 09, 2011
- Kate Middleton pregnant? - Sep 06, 2012
- Diana's funeral hymn to be first sung at royal wedding - Apr 29, 2011
- Prince William avoids Royals for lunch with Kate Middleton's family - Apr 25, 2011
- Kate Middleton's grandaunt thinks her niece is too good for Prince William - Apr 18, 2011
- William wants Kate to be called 'princess' - May 01, 2011
- Prince William And Her Long-Time Girlfriend Kate Middleton Engaged - Nov 17, 2010
- Housing colony named after Kate Middleton - Nov 27, 2011
- Designing Kate's wedding dress was an honour: Sarah Burton - Apr 30, 2011
- Prince William, Kate Middleton Make First Public Appearance After Announcing Engagement - Dec 20, 2010
- Kim Kardashian wants a royal wedding - Aug 05, 2011
Tags: attentions, black tie, classmates, daily mail, distinct impression, drinking champagne, first love, kate middleton, kind of girl, marlborough college, miss congeniality, night dancing, popular girl, prince williams, shortcoming, sixth formers, snogs, willem marx, william fox pitt, year book