Miraculous Brit girl plays five musical instruments despite being deafOctober 2nd, 2010 - 2:08 pm ICT by ANI
London, Oct 2 (ANI): The old adage, ‘Where there’s a will there’s a way’, was literally proved by a deaf girl, who plays five musical instruments and went on to win top marks in her music exam recently.
The 18-year-old girl from King’s Lynn in Norfolk was inspired to take up the saxophone after watching the cartoon character Lisa Simpson play it on ‘The Simpsons.’
Aimee-Louise Paddock, despite being unable to hear a single note, also plays the flute, keyboard, piano and the guitar to a high standard.
She has applied to study a four-year music degree course at the Royal Welsh College of Music in Cardiff.
Aimee-Louise lost her hearing in the left ear aged just 16 and became fully deaf in May.
Doctors are mystified as to what has caused the sudden hearing loss after an MRI scan showed no sign of tumours or blockages.
“Music is completely different to everything else and it is something, which I love. Being able to do that as a career would be wonderful. I love performing. I would like to be a recording artist and play at the Royal Albert Hall. I can only get a sense of rhythm but not pitch but I’d go completely mental without my music,” the Daily Mail quoted her as saying.
The pupil’s love of music began when she was seven-years-old after she started recorder lessons at primary school.
Off late, the talented girl was presented with a local music school’s pupil of the year award two weeks ago. (ANI)
- Louis Tomlinson going deaf in one ear - Aug 01, 2012
- Indian flute for Edward Maya's new album - Oct 30, 2011
- Tibetan monk-musician makes music across cultures (With Image) - Aug 15, 2012
- Try flute yoga to beat stress - Jul 21, 2012
- Sharing musical instruments can spread infection: Study - May 16, 2011
- Playing flute like practising yoga: Hari Prasad Chaurasia (Interview) - Nov 11, 2010
- Female teacher in Wales 'shared shower with girl pupils' - Nov 04, 2010
- Trinidad envoy 'jams' with Kashmiri Sufi band - Sep 15, 2011
- Raghav Sachar does a Devotional remix - Sep 11, 2009
- For Salim Merchant, music is life - May 29, 2012
- Tale of twin 70-year-old Dutch prostitutes - Mar 08, 2012
- Mozart's cradle to Indian raga: Long journey for Austrian jazz band - Dec 04, 2010
- Briton invents chocolate that doesn't melt - Jan 03, 2012
- Lady Gaga loves the sitar: Fateh Ali Khan (With Images) - Jun 03, 2012
- When Bollywood stars move closer to a silent world - Jun 16, 2011
Tags: blockages, brit girl, cartoon character, college of music, daily mail, deaf girl, degree course, left ear, lisa simpson, local music, mri scan, music degree, music school, old adage, recorder lessons, royal albert hall, sense of rhythm, sudden hearing loss, talented girl, welsh college of music