Miracle Oz mum’s 2 hours of loving cuddles brings dead son back to life!August 27th, 2010 - 3:30 pm ICT by ANI
London, Aug 27 (ANI): In an incident of miraculous survival, an Oz mother brought her premature baby to survival with her cuddles, after he was declare dead.
Kate Ogg, whose son Jamie is five months old now, was born at 27 weeks weighing 2lb along with twin sister Emily.
But after 20 minutes of battling to get him breathe, the doctors declared him dead.
After hearing the shattering news, Ogg unwrapped the baby from his blanket and held him against her skin.
And after two hours of being hugged, touched and spoken to by his mother, the little boy began showing signs of life.
“I thought, “Oh my God, what’s going on”,” the Daily Mail quoted Ogg as saying.
“A short time later he opened his eyes. It was a miracle. Then he held out his hand and grabbed my finger.
“Jamie occasionally gasped for air, which doctors said was a reflex action. But then I felt him move as if he were startled, then he started gasping more and more regularly.
“I gave Jamie some breast milk on my finger, he took it and started regular breathing.
“He opened his eyes and moved his head from side to side. The doctor kept shaking his head saying, “I don’t believe it, I don’t believe it,” she said.
The Australian mother held her son, now five months old and fully recovered, as she spoke publicly for the first time to highlight the importance of skin-on-skin care for sick babies on the Australian TV show Today Tonight. (ANI)
- Mum's cuddle brings new-born back to life - Aug 27, 2010
- Survival expert Jessica Biel - Sep 10, 2012
- When keeping a room warm left four Pakistanis dead - Dec 28, 2011
- Dead woman breathes again after being placed in the morgue - Sep 28, 2011
- Baby Falak critical, next 48 hours till Thursday crucial (Lead) - Jan 31, 2012
- Docs stunned after Oz girl, 10, survives box jellyfish attack - Apr 27, 2010
- Woman strangles her newborn baby in Dubai airport - Dec 28, 2010
- 14-year-olds are Britain's youngest parents - Dec 18, 2010
- Don't know what the future holds: Yuvraj - Apr 11, 2012
- Born weighing 450 grams, baby girl survives - Jul 26, 2012
- Battered baby Falak better, discharge likely soon, say doctors - Mar 03, 2012
- Falak responding to treatment, still critical: Doctor - Feb 29, 2012
- Tech, SMS dividing generations at workplace: Body language guru - Apr 09, 2012
- Unemployed Briton has 15 kids, two more to come - Nov 29, 2011
- Baby born with no blood saved by doctors - Jan 27, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,