Minor fire at Indian embassy in Myanmar (Lead)July 16th, 2012 - 6:52 pm ICT by IANS
Yangon/New Delhi, July 16 (IANS) A minor fire broke out Sunday evening at the five-storey building of the Indian embassy in Myanmar’s former capital city of Yangon, but it was put out soon, Xinhua reported.
The blaze burned part of an office on the third storey, according to fire station officials.
The fire that started at 6.05 p.m. was caused by over-heating of the electricity inverter. It was doused by 6.30 p.m. by 16 fire engines.
“An electrical short circuit is believed to be the cause of the fire,” an official in the Indian ministry of external affairs in New Delhi told IANS.
“The fire office responded to the call immediately and the flames were doused in quick time,” the official added.
No casualties were reported.
The estimated loss due to the fire will be revealed later, fire station officials said.
- Fire at Indian embassy in Myanmar - Jul 16, 2012
- Two fires break out in Kolkata, no casualties - Jun 16, 2012
- Two fires in Kolkata, no casualties (Lead) - Jan 01, 2012
- Fire in finance ministry office in Delhi (Lead) - Jun 07, 2012
- Fire in central Delhi building, no casualty (Second Lead) - May 23, 2012
- Thousands left homeless as jhuggis gutted in Delhi - Jun 01, 2012
- Chandni Chowk fire extinguished, four hurt (Lead) - Nov 29, 2010
- Fire rages at Chandni Chowk warehouse - Nov 29, 2010
- Blaze at IGI cargo terminal, offices gutted (Lead) - Jan 05, 2012
- 45 killed in factory fires in Pakistan (Lead) - Sep 12, 2012
- Car catches fire on Akbar Road - Nov 21, 2011
- Four killed in Delhi warehouse fire - Nov 13, 2011
- Four held as Shanghai blaze toll rises to 53 (Lead) - Nov 16, 2010
- Minor fire at Delhi Metro station delays service - Jul 27, 2010
- Efforts still on to douse fire at Delhi's Chandni Chawk (Second Lead) - Nov 29, 2010
Tags: blaze, casualties, electricity, fire engines, five storey building, flames, indian embassy, indian ministry, ministry of external affairs, minor fire, New Delhi, quick time, short circuit, station officials, sunday evening, xinhua