Minnesota’s Bachmann posing a challenge to Palin, other GOP leadersJanuary 27th, 2011 - 2:35 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Jan.27 (ANI): Minnesota Representative Michele Bachmann is emerging as the standard-bearer for the conservative movement, and is posing a challenge to expected GOP leaders such as Paul Ryan and former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin.
Cable chatterers and newspapers are talking just as much about Bachmann as they are about the official Republican responder, Wisconsin Representative Paul Ryan.
Bachmann keeps jumping into the fray, and according to Politico, the Tea Party loves her, the media promotes her, and she is a huge draw on the fundraising circuit.
Representative John Boehner and his allies have kept her out of the leadership and she remains a marginal legislative player, but Bachmann continues to be an oversize presence.
She is a headline grabber, and there’s nothing Republicans can do about it.
Bachmann says she didn’t mean to challenge the chairman of the Budget Committee.
“She made the case last night, and has in interviews since, that [she] was in no way in competition with any other Republicans,” said Bachmann spokesman Doug Sachtleben.
Bachmann represents an anti-establishment tension simmering just below the surface of a unified Republican front, and if Boehner and his allies don’t keep a close eye on her base, those divisions could flare up. (ANI)
- Bachmann emerges as face of Tea Party, Palin's star waning - Jan 27, 2011
- Michele Bachmann to meet Donald Trump again - Nov 21, 2011
- State of the Union: Republicans say Obama not doing enough to reduce deficits - Jan 26, 2011
- Rep. Michelle Bachmann opens CPAC (conservative political action conference) - Feb 11, 2011
- Michelle Bachmann ends her White House bid - Jan 04, 2012
- John McCain supports Paul Ryan - Aug 13, 2012
- Michele Bachmann's son turns down Playgirl offer - Apr 21, 2011
- Tea Party star Bachmann to compete with Palin for White House dreams - Jan 07, 2011
- Palin drops to fifth place in GOP 2012 presidential primary race - Apr 09, 2011
- GOP Congresswoman Bachmann set to launch White House bid - Mar 25, 2011
- Rick Perry gets the backing of Dean Cannon - Aug 25, 2011
- Michelle Bachmann suspends campaign - Jan 04, 2012
- Sarah Palin Joins Michele Bachmann At Minnesota Rally - Apr 08, 2010
- Sarah Palin Rejects The Request To Furnish The Keynote Speech At The CPAC - Feb 04, 2011
- Palin gets no vote in recent GOP straw poll - Feb 23, 2011
Tags: alaska governor sarah palin, allies, budget committee, circuit representative, conservative movement, gop, gop leaders, governor sarah palin, headline grabber, john boehner, michele bachmann, paul ryan, representative john, republican, republicans, sachtleben, sarah palin, spokesman, standard bearer, tea party