Militants kill two Pakistani soldiers in North WaziristanNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:42 am ICT by admin
Another soldier was killed when a remote-controlled roadside bomb hit a military convoy near Eidak village, 18 kilometres east of Miranshah on the Miranshah-Bannu highway.
The security forces retaliated, but no militant was killed.
Meanwhile, a rift has developed between locals tribals and the Uzbeks in North Waziristan as “the locals believe that foreign fighters are responsible for the recent killings of villagers”, sources said.
It has also been learnt that the locals are planning to call a jirga to announce a deadline for the foreigners to leave the area.
“The locals say they will use arms to flush the foreigners out of the area if they fail to meet the deadline,” the Daily Times quoted sources, as saying.
The Ahmad Zai Wazir tribe from South Waziristan and local Taliban who are supporting the government have announced a one-week deadline for those who fled with foreign militants to come back before a jirga or face action.
The deadline was set at a jirga at Rustam Adda in Wana. Hundred of tribesmen from Ahmadzai tribe and the local Taliban attended the jirga.
Elders of the Ahmadzai tribe said that stern action would be taken if the tribesmen who fled did not come before the jirga. (ANI)
- 16 die in US drone strike in Pakistan - Aug 10, 2011
- US drone strikes kill five militants, including two foreigners, in Pak tribal region - Feb 25, 2011
- Taliban publicly execute three 'US spies' in North Waziristan - Nov 08, 2010
- U.S. drone strikes kill 21 in North Waziristan - Aug 10, 2011
- Taliban man stays in Britain, saying outfit will kill him - Jun 25, 2012
- 15 militants killed in US drone attack in North Waziristan - Dec 27, 2010
- US drone strikes kill 13 militants in North Waziristan - Jan 24, 2011
- 14 militants killed in gun battle in Pakistan - Mar 20, 2010
- US drone attack kills four militants in North Waziristan - Dec 11, 2010
- Drone strike didn't kill top leader: Pakistani Taliban - Jan 16, 2012
- Pak Taliban abduct, to punish 23 Mehsud tribesmen for meeting Gen Kayani - Dec 28, 2010
- 21 Taliban militants killed in Pakistan (Second Lead) - Mar 24, 2010
- South Waziristan tribe agrees to abide by 2007 peace accord - Jul 03, 2009
- 10 militants among 15 killed in Pakistan clash (Lead) - Sep 18, 2011
- 8 militants, including foreign nationals, killed in US drone strike in Pak tribal region - Oct 14, 2010
Tags: ahmad zai, face action, foreigners, kilometres, locals, militants kill, military convoy, north waziristan, pakistani soldiers, roadside bomb, soldier, south waziristan, stern action, taliban, tribals, tribe, waris