MiG-29 crashes during Bulgarian-US drillApril 26th, 2012 - 7:22 pm ICT by IANS
Sofia, April 26 (IANS) A MiG-29 fighter jet crashed Thursday near an airbase, 150 km from the Bulgarian capital, during a US-Bulgaria drill. However, its two pilots ejected successfully and returned to the base, media reported.
According to Radio Focus, the MiG-29 crashed between the villages of Tzarimir and Golyam Chardak, some seven km northwest of the Graf Ignatievo Air Base, Xinhua reported.
The fighter plane was engulfed in flames before the crash, the radio said, citing witnesses.
The joint Bulgarian-American flight training, codenamed “Thracian Star 2012″, began April 17 and will end May 11 at the Graf Ignatievo Air Base, one of the four military facilities jointly used by the US and Bulgaria.
- US to deploy drones in Bulgaria - Dec 07, 2011
- IAF's MiG fighter crashes, pilot safe (Second Lead) - Feb 04, 2011
- MiG fighter crashes, no loss to life - Feb 04, 2011
- IAF MiG-27 crashes in Rajasthan, pilot safe (Lead) - Nov 10, 2010
- IAF loses another MiG-21, pilot safe (Second Lead) - Jun 15, 2010
- MiG-29 crashes in Siberia - Sep 07, 2012
- Pilot safe as MiG-21 crashes in Haryana (Lead, Changing Dateline) - Dec 02, 2011
- MiG fighter crashes in Punjab, pilot safe (Lead) - Jun 15, 2010
- Clinton talks military cooperation with Bulgarian PM - Feb 06, 2012
- Fighter jet crashes in northwestern India, killing the pilot - Aug 02, 2011
- MiG 27 crash toll rises to three - Jul 25, 2010
- Yet another MiG-21 crashes, pilot bails out - Oct 07, 2011
- MiG-27 crashes in West Bengal, pilot safe - Sep 24, 2010
- MiG-21 crashes in Punjab, pilot safe - Sep 06, 2011
- Russian fighter jet crashes into mountain range, killing two - Sep 06, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,