Mick Jagger offers 100,000 pounds for ice cream vanMay 30th, 2009 - 1:20 pm ICT by IANS
London, May 30 (IANS) Former Rolling Stones member Mick Jagger fell so much in love with a vintage-like ice-cream van that he was ready to shell out 100,000 pounds to buy it.
Jagger stumbled across the van while he was strolling and became eager to purchase it, but the owner, Giuseppe Della Camera, rejected his plea, reported thesun.co.uk.
“I was working on Wandsworth Common when Sir Mick came up with his son and bought a couple of ice creams. He told me he’d really fallen in love with my van and asked me if I would consider selling it. I was stunned when he offered me 100,000 pounds,” Camera was quoted as saying.
The owner, who purchased the van 10 years ago for 35,000 pounds, said he didn’t let go of the van only because he had promised his 12-year-old daughter that he would one day drive her to her wedding in it.
- Robbing to watch movies, four held - Mar 28, 2011
- Swami Vivekananda was fond of dal, American ice-cream: New biography - Apr 04, 2011
- Phydough Initiates A 'Food Truck' For Dogs - Jan 07, 2011
- No lavish gifts for Farrell's children - Aug 19, 2012
- Kids were paid Rs100-150 in lieu of every ball entering Osama's Abbottabad compound - May 04, 2011
- Gelato, a fat-free ice cream in Chandigarh - May 18, 2009
- No expensive gifts for Farrell's kids - Aug 18, 2012
- Baskin Robbins 31 Cent Scoop Night Generates Huge Response - Apr 29, 2010
- Ice cream shop in Florida confuses customers with its choice of mascot - Sep 28, 2011
- 'Sexual assault case against Assange was for refusing HIV test' - Dec 19, 2010
- Spot-fixing case: Afridi, Waqar, Najam "favoured" suspended Pak trio, says Butt's father - Jan 10, 2011
- Kashmir Valley reels under heat, humidity - Jun 27, 2011
- Keith Richards exposes Mick Jagger in autobiography - Jul 04, 2010
- Britney Spears: All Out To Record A Duet With Ace Rapper Gucci Mane In Atlanta Soon - Jan 22, 2011
- Jagger was too possessive: Richards - Oct 15, 2010