Michelle Obama’s burgers and shakes ‘best ladies lunch ever’May 9th, 2009 - 1:35 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, May 9 (ANI): Michelle Obama shared the dining table full of burgers and shakes with a group of 20 staff members and friends at a posh restaurant.
The US First Lady dug into a variety of burgers, french fries and signature hand-spun toasted marshmallow shakes prepared by Top Chef alumni Spike Mendelsohn at Good Stuff Eatery in Washington, D.C.
“She was smiling and making jokes the entire time,” Us magazine quoted a source as saying.
“It looked like the best ladies lunch ever. Everyone was sharing fries and trying each other’s burgers and shakes,” the source added.
The group also had some “Obama Burgers,” a fresh, farmhouse burger topped with bacon, blue cheese, Mendelsohn’s homemade onion marmalade and a horseradish mayo.
Mendelsohn, who recently won best burger in the country at the South Beach Food and Wine Festival’s Burger Bash, said: “This was the best honor of my life.
“I absolutely love Michelle Obama and love the family. Now we just need the president. Hopefully he’ll follow her lead and come visit Good Stuff. Women know best, Mr. President!” (ANI)
- Michelle Obama's tight 'burger watch' during eatery visit with daughters - Aug 07, 2009
- Giant burger sets new world record - Sep 04, 2012
- Burger King's NY Pizza Burger is waistline buster at 2,520 calories - Aug 19, 2010
- Celebs share their hangover cures - Dec 30, 2009
- Donut bacon hotdog set to debut at the NY State Fair - Jul 19, 2012
- Prawn on toast, cheese burgers light up iftar in Pakistan - Aug 05, 2012
- Brisbane's 'monster' burger a 'heart attack on a plate' - Aug 18, 2010
- Party Tips Aplenty For The Fourth Of July - Jul 04, 2010
- Michelle Obama admits she's a "lover" of french fries - Sep 14, 2010
- Roll Mexican 'roti' with Peruvian fish in Indian kitchen (Eating out with IANS) - Jun 22, 2010
- Barack's platter: Will it be Obama malai tikka burger? - Oct 26, 2010
- Julia Roberts once served 'chocolate crickets' to pals - Jul 18, 2010
- Pregnant Posh can't get enough of marmalade - Jan 27, 2011
- Now, carnivorous cocktails for meat lovers! - Oct 28, 2010
- Burger King introduces bacon sundae in the US - Jun 13, 2012
Tags: bacon, blue cheese, burgers, dining table, farmhouse, first lady, french fries, good stuff, horseradish, ladies lunch, marshmallow, mendelsohn, michelle obama, mr president, onion marmalade, posh restaurant, south beach food and wine festival, staff members, top chef, washington d c